Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Maintenance question

beej

I think that I remember reading somewhere that CNC solutions was going to start making multi axis an additional expense on the maintenance aggrement. But if you already had multi axis with your mill level 3 that you were grandfathered in and that there would be no additional expense.

Am I dreaming? I did a search and couldn't find it back.

If you owned V9 Level 3. you did not have to buy

the multiaxis upgrade... it was grandfathered into

your upgrade to X.

New buyers of X through X2 are charged extra for multiaxis.

Everybody pays maintenance on multiaxis

I have alway had to pay the multiaxis maintenance charge... maybe different dealer have different policies.. ??

[ 08-30-2007, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

quote:

Notice none of the resellers are chiming in on this?

We are perilously close to a TOS violation here

biggrin.gif ie no discussions of pricing policies.

If one does show up it will probably be to close the thread. eek.gif

That said, I personally own my seat of Mastercam

and write the checks to pay maintenace from my

own money. I just wrote one last week frown.gif

What I have said on the subject is correct in my area.. Other dealers in other parts of the country/world may do it differently.

I suspect alll US dealers have the same policies

but I do not know that for a fact

quote:

We are perilously close to a TOS violation here ie no discussions of pricing policies.

gcode,

I was not refering to prices at all. I stated that we were told verbally the policy change but never in writing. Since this is a topic that I would think a reseller or CNC could clear up easily, I am curious why nobody has chimed in.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice none of the resellers are chiming in on this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too busy workin, unlike some people. smile.gif

The policies on software maintenance come down from CNC. All dealers should be on the same wave length there. In order to be grandfathered in you had to pay maint on 5ax.

The reason multi-ax maint kicked in was because of the advanced multiax paths. If you have not looked at these yet, you need to. I recomend getting training from your reseller also on these, cause they are deep.

HTH, I need to go back to counting my maint money now, rolleyes.gif er I mean back to work smile.gif

quote:

I had talked the boss into getting me a level 3 upgrade (I'm stuck at level 2) until we found out that it wouldn't get us multi-axis.

Not busting your chops Matt but isn't that kind of silly???

I assume if the "assumption" was you'd get multi axis, that you have a need for multi axis. SO if you need it, what's the problem with getting it?

His thinking doesn't make sense to me.