Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X2 MR2 Patch 2

Hello everyone -

Patch 2 for Mastercam X2 MR2 is now available on the X2 Downloads section of Mastercam.com as well on the Extranet.

This patch addresses a major problem with helix and ramp entry moves in X2 MR2 HST toolpaths. The initial release of Mastercam X2 MR2 introduced a bug that would remove the entry moves, causing the tool to gouge the part. The patch will update two *.dlls and will not change the display of the Mastercam title bar (i.e. it will not read Mastercam X2 MR2 Patch 2). It is not necessary to have Patch 1 on your system to install Patch 2. This will also be available via the Update Service on Monday, October 29th.

Download "mastercamx2-mr2-patch002.exe" and double-click on it to run the installation. Make sure Mastercam is closed before running the installation.

See the chart in the following link to determine if the correct files were installed on your system: http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Downloads...r2-patch002.htm .

If you have any problems or suggestions, please email [email protected].

Thank you.

[ 10-27-2007, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Chris Bell, CNC Software ]

I am glad this was found and fixed but that dosn't help the 2 54 inch aluminum aircraft parts that are scrap because of this. We used the HS horizontal path and back plot and verify dosn't show the gouging. The 1st part we thought was tool deflection so we back off the depth of cut, looked back in MC all was fine, then ran the 2nd part an it gouged again scrapping it. I switched the tool path to a scallop path and it looks good now. Anyways this was a very costly problem for us and we are now behind schedual on this project and had to eat 2 pcs of alumiunum 54" X 18" X 2 1/2".

maybe invest more time in quality testing before releasing a new version would be helpfull.. Im sure people would much rather wait on quality products than getting their butts chewed by the bossman and only thing they can say is that it was mastercams fault.. dosent always go over well with the bossman..lol

quote:

Did anyone think of e-mailing QC?

Just a thought. Maybe they don't realise this

and

quote:

This was a problem I personally sent in while testing MR2 beta. It was also happening to us sometimes in MR1, which I also sent in. Your right, a warning should have been posted to avoid until fixed!!!

Not Good!!!

Maybe if we could verify at a speed quicker than snails pace, and if the verify would be a true representation of what our toolpath would look like, these crashes may not be quite so frequent? Verify has been and probably always will be my biggest issue with Mastercam. When I can cut a part faster than verify can run, there is a serious issue.

Andrew

I agree that CNC should have posted an alert as soon as they knew but if MCX2 is creating gouging because of software errors why would you expect the same software to catch the error(s) using it's own created (and flawed) NCI code during verification?

I don't know much about the simulation software MC is offering with Camaix (I use Vericut) but if the software is different and you're using Gcode simulation wouldn't that (or some other verification software) be the better choice for verifying your parts?

quote:

I don't know much about the simulation software MC is offering with Camaix (I use Vericut) but if the software is different and you're using Gcode simulation wouldn't that (or some other verification software) be the better choice for verifying your parts?

G-Code verification uses a reverse post to get the code into it's own format. It's a good double-check, but actually another step, so the reverse post needs to be written well so that the sim motion is correlated with the code. With the CAMAIX machsim product, the Mastercam post is responsible for both G-Code creation the the machsim .sim code creation. If you take time to map each G-code output line onto the right machsim motion, it should be correlated and therefore no different from G-Code verification. If the post however thinks it's doing the right thing - say an arc - and the control interprets it a different way, the machsim would look the way we think it will be, where 3rd party G-Code verification might see it the way the CNC control does.

[ 10-31-2007, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]