Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Graphics Questions

JJ_8

The user interface is the most important issue for new customers. This is why Solidworks spends so much time on thier user interface. CNC Software could learn a lot by looking at how Solidworks has removed almost all the dialog boxes and has implemented a PropertyManager in thier FeatureManager tree.

I happen to agree with you but that is not what gets the majority of new customers to purchase. The majority of new customers are familiar with Solidworks or their competition and they expect a user interface on or near the same level. This was pointed out by someone else in this thread who I thought did a great job of stating the case on why Mastercam needs a far better interface than what exists at present.

I purchased MC solely for the CAM package.

Who the he!! designs in MC any how?

Maybe John B would, that is his mentality.

If you have Solid Works, why would you even

need to complain about graphics issues in a

CAM software.

Use Solid Works!!!!!!!!!!....then

Or give it to me and I'll use it for you.

MC is starting to get better with their design

package in their CAM software.

Big deal if the lines are not crisp.

Are you showing everything you produce in MC

to the customers of the company you work for?

/So now we're an expert on what new customers want ??/

Not sure it takes a degree in rocket science to figure out that a user interface is very important to those familiar with products like Solidworks. This point has already been made by someone else in this thread who laid out what those who know and use products like Solidworks expect.

/Get the #%@K off the Solidworks wagon already./

Solidworks is the best thing to ever happen to the cam industry.

[ 11-17-2007, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: JJ_8 ]

quote:

The current Mastercam user interface really hurts productivity.

if you're a clueless noob... I am very productive with the X2 interface and I make a very nice living with it.... If it didn't do the job I'd be using something else.....

sorry its not working out for you.... not wink.gif

the typical f*&*up ALWAYS blames his tools,

never the interface between the chair and keyboard... wink.gif

quote:

There is a very long way to go in this regard. The current Mastercam user interface really hurts productivity.

No once again your wrong, open Geopath and then talk to me about interfaces or open Gibbs and talk to me about interfaces. mad.gif I have the pleasure of using these at my present employment and let me tell ya there is no comparison. But since you only seem to "program" with cad packages I guess you never had to "use" cam to create code. Let's get on with life and using what ya got. Continue your nonsense and quite likely you'll get nowhere with this group. And when ya do that you lose the most valuable "productivity tool" any shop could ever hope to have access to.

/That is why I said starting to get better./

Forcing a user to get a second monitor so you they can leave the Level Manager open is better?

What is better?

To me better is getting rid of large dialog boxes that block the part and have to be moved. Better is adding a window / tab to the Operation Manager and allowing the user to enter information there instead of in a large dialog box that cannot be resized and obscures the part. Better is reducing the number of steps to enter information like Solidwords does compared to Mastercam X2.

Better is a more powerful backplotter that assists in finding operations in the Operation Manager when you click on the backplotted geometry.

quote:

Solidworks forum

there are dozens of threads on the SW forum

with people bitching about the graphics, maintenace, cost, what a ripoff the last release was, what a crashing POS SW0* is etc etc..

The biggest complaint is performance..

The last time I looked, there were a half dozen benchmark threads with people whining about how slow the latest release is.(SW0* to present)

There are also hundreds of threads frequented

by some very talented people.

If you can't get you SW question answered there,

there is no answer.

They are also a little pickier about who they

let through the door. wink.gif

/Lets get on with life and using what ya got./

Why not try and improve Mastercam like has already been suggested in this thread by someone else. I have posted numerous ideas to improve Mastercam. I must have missed your ideas to improve Mastercam. Could you please post them again. Thanks.

Psst... Dufus...USE your Solidworks!!!

Everything you complain about has nothing to do

with making parts on a CNC.

I only need my second monitor to get answers

on this forum and run Solidworks on.

Comparing Solidworks to MC tells me YOU are the

interface that really hurts productivity where

ever it is that you work.

JJ,

where do you work or is that classified?

quote:

Why not try and improve Mastercam like has already been suggested in this thread by someone else. I have posted numerous ideas to improve Mastercam. I must have missed your ideas to improve Mastercam. Could you please post them again. Thanks.

You are as dense as the John Banxxxx that you

are impersonating.

Sending in enhancement requests to CNC software

is the best and sure fire way to get them

implemented. But they won't do much for someone

like you.

You may have to prove you have licensed software.

But you only talk you don't listen.

or take advice in discussion form for that matter.