Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

help!

inlayman

I have a small sherline 3 axis cnc mill and i have been given a copy of Mastercam X to see how it will opperate on this system, I've worked out how to draw the parts that i want to cut but I can't get the mill to run the program. Does anybody know of a good tutorial or book that i can buy to let me see what i'm doing wrong. Thank's firebounce.gifflame.gif

quote:

it was bought in Singapore

So does it have the security dongle? If it is a cracked version go to another web site where they do not care about you taking jobs away from other people. If you are using a illegal copy of the software and it is accepted here I think that needs to be my last day on this forum.

No Dongle, but does have all the correct I.D. and sim codes. As far as i know it's a full working version and includes Mastercam Art, and it works also. I didn't realize how precious people are about sharing information and expanding the knowledge base to the rest of the world. I will find out what i need to know and i will freely share that information with whoever wants it. Thank's anyway

quote:

No Dongle, but does have all the correct I.D. and sim codes.

And you know they are valid how?????

Simply because they are there. Somehow I doubt you are running a valid version of Mastercam, send your SIM# off to the local Mastercam reseller.

Otherwise wait for the police to come knocking looking for that illegal copy.

But until you validate the SIM# on this website by submitting it to the Webmaster, I think you can forget sharing or getting anything at this point.

Check your email sir.

quote:

No Dongle

Then you are probably running stolen software.

I may be wrong, but I think even evaluation licenses from a legitmate dealer use a dongle.

Even Nethasp (the networking license) has a dongle that plugs into the server.

quote:

I didn't realize how precious people are about sharing information and expanding the knowledge base to the rest of the world. I will find out what i need to know and i will freely share that information with whoever wants it.

We are more than happy to help legal users with legal software. Provide a legitmate SIM#

and you'll see wink.gif

inlayman,

Sorry if you feel "slighted" by the responses so far from this forum. Mastercam is a hardware lock (HASP, sim, dongle, "doo-hickey", whatever you want to call it) protected software. A legitimate user pays for the license to run it. Only the developer actually "owns" the software.

You're statement here:

quote:

No Dongle, but does have all the correct I.D. and sim codes.

is not true in the legal, and real world of CAM software. There has to be a hardware lock in order for you to legally use Mastercam software. Unless you are using the Design LT product which is just 2-D drawing and no toolpath capabilities. From your description of your first post here, I take it you're not using that.

Whether you are aware of it or not, your company "paid" for a pirated piece of software. The person who "sold" you that piece of software broke the law of the US of A which is the development company's origin. You are also therefore breaking the same law simply by using that illegitimate piece of software. This forum is hosted by a Mastercam software distributor and therefore doesn't support the use of illegal software.

I recommend that you refuse to use the software until your company gets a legitimate license. You don't want to work for someone that is willing to break the law just to save some money. In the long run, it'll ruin their business and you will be out of work anyway. Not to mention that it will not look good for your future as a programmer. I used to be employed by a Mastercam distributor that is less than 100 miles from the developers of Mastercam. I know there is no such thing as legally using Mastercam without some kind of sim which has the codes for the licenses on it.

Until you prove that the software you're using is properly licensed, you will not get any "help" on this forum. We are all legitimate users here and don't take too kindly to those who are not. The potential of your continued use of illegitimate software is to drive the cost of the license for legitimate users up to compensate. Good luck. See you when you're legal. Then we'll be happy to help. Good day.

Something in the water for sure. You have 3 people here that have almost 30,000 postings. You think none of them were to help people they were just us getting advice because we are illegally users like yourself. It is a cracked version, you are illegal and then expect us to allow you to break the law that is meant to protect me and my family. Grow up and get in the real world. You have been greatly mislead and I would appericate it if you reported the site and place where you got this so the authorities can go after these people.

In the water for sure, Free posts, Free software and not once have they read the forum rules. Yet us ignorant people keep caring. The must truly be something in the water ot make me truly ignorant.

Sorry guys I did not pay attention I was using my Beta login. Was not trying to refer to myself as a 3rd person that would be just crazy. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

and here is his verbatim response to the SIM request

quote:

> > Dear John,

Cancel my account to this site as I’ve found many other sites that are

actually very helpful. I've never encountered such a pack of pretentious

pricks that are so precious about controlling the knowledge.

It reminds me of how mankind floundered in the dark and middle ages for

centuries all because of an elite few who strove to control the masses

through careful control of knowledge, (in that case the church tried to be

the ultimate rulers of the masses by controlling the means to read and

write). Has history taught you nothing!

I feel sorry for you, but as with all like you in the past who have tried to

gain power, money or stature, the resourcefulness of man, (the majority),

will find a way and you will pass.

Good luck with your attempt to control the knowledge base, but as always,

nothing lasts forever.

P.S. If anyone wants a copy of:

Mastercam 8.0, 8.1, 8.1.1, 9, 9 sp1, X, x sp1, X MR2, and art, Let me know

and I'll mail You a copy.

'nuff said

We'll just forward all this to BSA and

piracy_@_mastercam.com.

We've got his emaill addy and his IP is logged.

Typical settlements run about $40K.... US. wink.gif

On the bright side... when its all over, he'll be the proud owner of a fully licenced seat of Mastercam biggrin.gif