Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Breaking News!!!!!

gcode

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBM will run inside Mastercam.

I'm sure it will work on any solid, created

in Mastercam or imported from Inventor or SolidWorks.

Mastercam in SolidWorks is an entirely new and seprate product. It will run INSIDE SolidWorks

and is designed to comptete with SolidCam/Camworks/HSMWorks

Sound interesting...

Any word on how the licensing would work? Say I have a regular seat of Mastercam, I wonder if we could freely “move” the Mastercam license over to a Solidworks seat. Would any fees be involved with the switch over? And could we still use the regular Mastercam seat. After all the seat would be tied to the SIM - right?

Hi All,

A quick comment on Shawn's post before I leap into the SolidWorks announcement.

A machine shop will always be more competitive with someone who knows how to program and optimize what they have created. That's the competitive value of a good programmer.

Thanks for all the positive coments about Mastercam for SolidWorks. We are hoping that it fills a gap in our product line and allows a SolidWorks customer to stay in SolidWorks.

It is a separate purchasable product that requires SolidWorks.

Licensing is still underdiscussion, and we probably won't have those details worked out for a few months.

It is based on X3, but will not release with X3. Right now it's on it's own path, but the plan is to release shortly after X3.

testing is hopefully late Feb.

Initial functionality is HST 3-axis toolpaths and FBM Drill. More functionality to follow.

Other options (Multi-axis, Lathe, etc) to follow based on market demand.

Learning curve? If you know SolidWorks and use the HST toolpaths in X2, you are probably 90% there.

Hope this helps. There's a lot I cannot say because it is still evolving and/or, we haven't told the Resellers.

And yes, FBM is part of X3.

Thanks,

gary