Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New X+ version

I'm sure you could put the program name in the top field before?

The only way to get the program number onto the setup sheet is to put it into the lower section,but it comes out with every tool?

X-1.jpg

Also I'm sure I could get the tools lengths before from the tool extensions on the tools setup page?

Can this still be done?

• 2 weeks later...

bump!

Günther , does someday X+ will work with lathes ???

it's a very good tool but only in mill!!! frown.gif

i found noting that equal X+ on lathes toolpath , even the HTML.SET from in-house that is producing about 20 pages for a simple set-up and X+ put all that i need on one or 2 pages max !

OK, I admit it: I have no idea how to install and use the X+ setup sheet. we've been using V9.1 until we recently made the switch to X2. We use the GUI setup sheet now. Can someone give a very detailed procedure how to install and make whatever changes in X2 to use it?

thanks!

My post takes the stock size and puts it in the header of my code.

Sample:

%

O0001 ( LEFT REV-A REV: )

( LEFT REV-A )

(MACHINE TOOL : HAAS VMC )

(DATE - 10-03-08 )

(TIME - 10:05 )

(*)

(MATERIAL: )

(STOCK SIZE: X = 7.0005 Y = 1.5 Z = 1.5 )

(HOME POSTION COORIDNATES ARE THE FOLLOWING)

(X= )

(Y= )

(Z= TOP OF PART)

(*)

(*)

(USING FIXTURE OFFSETS: G54 G55 )

(*)

this all put in automatically.

other wise like others I put the dim on the part and the setup sheet puts the screen shot for me.

Thanks Jay,

It's a good and simple way to show stock size and so on.

I'd like to see it in x+ setup sheet though.

In my earlier post I was referring to Gunther's answer of "Only on the screenshot".

If I understand it right, we need to "draw" the stock, dimension it and take a screenshot ?

lanart,

What problems are you having during installation?

It should be pretty straight forward.

Close mastercam, unzip the file, double click to install it (it'll install it in the c-hooks folder of your mc instalation), start mastercam, go to settings-customize-toolbar states and check box next to X+.

Now you have an X+ toolbar to play with... wink.gif

Thanks, Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Gunther!

It is really a good tools on this setup sheet. I started testing this morning and figure out that that we can actually change the number of decimal and the date format (mm/dd/yy to dd/mmm/yyy or any preference)) at the Windows, Control Panel, Regional setting.

Pip, I was trying to paste the screen shot for you to view the setting. But dont know how can I add that in this message.