Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

One for the CNC software guys and gals

RDub

So I know that it was logged as a bug way back in X, but have we gotten any where on getting the ability to specify a WCS to create a Layout from a solid? I have been patiently waiting and as of X2 MR2 SP1 it still has not been fixed. Did you guys decide it just was not worth fixing, or is it just a lower priority? Is there any chance it will be fixed by X3?

Robert

• 1 month later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...assigned priority by the sales team...

You KNOW that's right. Why else would CNC put their dollars toward something like ART?? eek.gif If THAT does not scream WTF are the sales guys doing I don't know what does. biggrin.gif

CNC Apps Guy grabs Scott's spoon to start stirring. biggrin.giftongue.gif

That´s why I love Cimco product line.

Usually we get things fixed within a week.

In our side we are playing with NC-Base/DNC-Max, and I know that we are not comparing oranges to oranges, I know, but I also do know that they use the same approach/philosophy for their CAM system, HSM-Works, and probably also for Cimco HSMPack.

That´s why also I plan to pay their maintenance yearly, and very gladly.

CAM developers should have the same behavior with their customers, since they are not selling solitaire games. This is not a specific issue concernig CNC software. It happens all around.

CAD/CAM software it is expensive, and not only due to piracy, so that a high level service is always welcome.

JM2C