Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

doosan horizontal ?

SIG

For those that have experience with doosan.

I'am thinking about an HP4000 for aluminum surfacing 24/7 balls out for about 8 months.

Do you think the doosan is dependable enough?

14000 rpm seems a little low.

I like to hold .001 on most cuts.

I know most like makino, but I think there's a 100 thou difference.(a51, yea I looked)

Any feed back would help

SIG

No, only the two.

I wish I could get a price on these machines without having a sale person come to the shop.

We are so busy and I would like to see if its something I can afford before I take the time and go over all the options.

We have 3 daewoo/doosan dmv (verticle) machines. One is a 40/20 with an 8000 rpm spindle with 16 block lookahead and Two 30/16s with 12000 rpm spindles and 40 block lookaheads with box ways and spindle chillers. The only problem we had was the spindle without the chiller wen't out twice. We run them for 20 to 30 hours at a time near max rpm. The 40 block lookahead blows the 16 out of the water for speed and smoothness. My only gripe is the limited memory. I don't know if more is available? Most jobs cimcomax dnc trickle feed.

I don't have any first hand experience, but I know that the Methods guys say the spindles "suck" in the DooSan machines. Funny how they said the machines were great when they picked up the line, and now that they no longer sell them they say that the machines are junk...

Place in Brisbane had 3 of them up and running and they would blow chillers and spindles constantly as they were running all out 24/7 once the warranty went on them it was not just down time that was killing them but everything else as well but they considered it cheaper the the more expensive machines

We've got the DHP-5000 and just set a DHP-5100 on the floor last week. The 1st one has run a little over a year without much trouble, and seems to be a pretty decent machine. We've got 4 DVC-400s, vertical split table style pallet machines. 3 have been good, the last one is a lemon. Currently fighting with the dealer to replace it. Mostly tool changer stuff, putting the tools back in the wrong place, access door not closing and alarming out the machine, and other tools related stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Toyoda may be in that price range with a 15k spindle that WILL run like you want. Going to depend on the number of tools you want though.