Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 Confirmed Bug Issues

Dave Ball

I think a central place to list the CONFIRMED bug issues would be a good reference over the next couple of weeks as we transition to X3. I encourage everyone to list their confirmed bugs along with the number and a brief description or a link back to where it is discussed, so we can all benefit from the group knowledge. So lets have 'em. wink.gif

Logged as defect # CNC 00038284

I have a problem with the drill toolpath on X3. If I manually select geometry AND RIGHT CLICK ON ANY OF THE AUTOCURSOR OVERRIDE SETTINGS, I must hit the “esc” key twice before the toolpath parameters box pops up on the screen. For example: Drill toolpath, manual, right click on arc center (or any other override options), select an arc, click on the green check. Now I must hit esc twice. Then the toolpath parameters box pops up on the screen. -Matt

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...If I manually select geometry AND RIGHT CLICK ON ANY OF THE AUTOCURSOR OVERRIDE SETTINGS, I must hit the “esc” key twice before the toolpath parameters box pops up on the screen...

If only people asking questions when running into something would give this level of detail... I can only dream.

Good job mattstang70 cheers.gif

I just hate answering a million other questions!! LOL biggrin.gif Now if EVERYONE would only send their bugs or any other questions that can't get resolved from this forum to [email protected] and post their fixes, we'll all be better off. Anytime I sent a possible bug to qc, I got a response within a few hours. Thanks for the quick replies qc!!! cheers.gif

+ a mill to sticking this thead for a while.

will also try to contribute to qc with details when we make the move, soon.

just a thought. lets keep this to a bug or error only, not a bitch thread so we dont have to sift thru it?

just a thought and i will only post from here on pertinent info.

web master feel free to delete when it is so.

Doug

bug number cnc00038388

Regarding STL Mesh (Polygonal Mesh) entities;

STL mesh enities are always visible when one selects the "only display associative geometry" button in the OP manager (toolpath tab), even if it is not being used for a toolpath.

Mattstang70

i had the same problem with hitting esc twice to get the parameters box to come back up and i my system it was waiting for a point to be picked for sorting try going into your sorting menu and make sure none of the sorting buttons are high lighted ...........

just a thought

• 3 weeks later...

cnc00038835

lathes toolpath transform and canned cycle simply don't work

in veryfy and backplot it's ok but no cutting data in g code (D.O.C. and stock to leave output at "0")

X2 MR2 sp1 got the same problem

temporary fix: use "create new operation and geometry" and delete the original toolpath

CNC 00037571

The sorting function fails to update the screen when using entities selection method for selecting drill points.

1) Drill TP

2) Click on "ENTITIES" method.

3) Select geometry entities to drill, press enter to display drill points and sorting or click Sorting Button.

4) Select a sorting method from the Sorting dialog and press enter or green check.

Screen should update at this point with the method of choice but it doesn't. It takes entering and then exiting the sorting dialog a second time for the method to update. This will repeat every time.

quote:

This thread is all well and good, but what we must all keep in mind is that this is a PUBLIC forum, and the competition can read any of this at anytime.

Is this the best vehicle to air Mastercam's "dirty laundry?"

Maybe the bugs get adressed faster when they are in public forum. this is a great place to inform other users for dangerous bugs like this