Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 Verify

Michael Sullivan

I added it to another thread but wanted to make sure it was seen.

Verify is significantly faster in X3 even when using STl files. cheers.gif

It's Awesome! Thanks CNC!

The file I was working on last week in X2. Running verify was like watching paint dry.

The same file in X3 is 3-4 times faster at least.

Pick a file and do a test. I ran them both side by side and was amazed.

cheers.gifcheers.gif

The faster verification is due to some OpenGL settings that CNC tweaked. There is a switch in the Configuration file that lets you turn this enhancement off.

If you have a file that won't verify or is crashing the system, try turning this switch off and run it. The performance will be back to usual 'X2' speed, but it will be more reliable.

JWM, this might help with your problems...

quote:

NVidia GForce 7300 GS

I am going to bet that's your issue right there.

It was a decent card but it is several years older now and since I see your running Vista I believe you would be MUCH better served by updating it to something newer and "designed" for Vista.

Also, if you have turned off the "Desktop" composition previously when running Vista, for X3 you can turn it back on.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Not sure if you all noticed it or not, but if you have a 3D Navigation device (SpaceBall, SpaceNavigator, SpacePilot, etc...), you can dynamically rotate WHILE it is verifying without having to stop it.

Hope it works for you. You might need to start from the beginning of your verify session if you are using an STL for Verify. What I mean by this is that you might have a bad STL file that was created from a previous verify session, and you might need to start with a block, or a solid, and start verifying your operations from the top down...

HTH,

It worky now! WOOHOO!

Thanks again Colin. The STL file I am using has been filtered by Verisurf Reverse. The original one was WAY too BIG and would just kill Mastercam Instantly frown.gif

The filtered STL has someminor problems because the filtering cost me some quality. I filtered it to .001 tolerance and it cut the stl by 2/3.

with hardware acceleration on, Mastercam says it cannot fix the "bad polygons"

With the disable hardware acceleration checked it has no problem rolleyes.gif

Although, It is as you said.......back to X2 speed frown.giffrown.gif but at least it's working cheers.gif

I'm just curious if with X3 verify being faster does it also support bigger files? I normally have to make work arounds on my 200MB files to get any of it to verify. For the roughing programs I make a special "verify" roughing with a big step down (1/2" or so) and I can NEVER use my finish scallop programs, so I make a parallel program that steps over in only 2 axes with a large stepover...just so I can get some semblance of a verify.