Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dynamic lead in/out (for jon)

3R!< W3NG3R

I try not to get involved in the heated arguments, and generally just ignore what some say.

I did however read neiljon say that you cannot dynamically (graphically) adjust the lead in/out and thought others might benefit too:

quote:

Not one where I can dynamically move my Lead In and Lead Out or any of the other toolpath types of suggestions I've posted in the Enhancements Forum.

Well, you can move it dynamically. In the chain dialog box, hit the expand button, then hit the move dynamically button.

HTH cool.gif

quote:

Lets just try to keep this a helpful thread

I agree. People who claim to really care about the forum out of one side of their mouths are in fact vandalizing it out the other side and it's counter productive. Posting frivolous nonsense is what the off topic forum was created for I thought.

Personally, I don't understand what all the hoopla about lead ins and outs is about. I'd like to see some better control in surface paths but when I can't get a surface path to do what I want falling back to projecting 2D paths on to surfaces often gets me close.

Mastercam - The Swiss Army Knife of CAM - it doesn't excel at any one particular thing but is able to always get the job done. smile.gif

Mastercam simply can't do dynamic Lead-In and Lead-Out when you initially do your chaining unless you add the geometry to the chain for Lead-In and Lead-Out. Adding geometry for Lead-In, Lead-Out is a total waste of time.

For many years another product has been able to do this while you do your chaining and do most of it without dialog boxes and without unnecessary geometry creation for Lead-In and Lead-Out. It's all done graphically by dragging what are called "Machining Markers". When high precision or some options are needed for your Lead-In or Lead-Out you right click in the graphics area over the "Machining Marker" point you wish to modify.

[ 11-27-2008, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: NeilJ ]

You can't do Lead-In, Lead Out initially when Chaining unless you create the geometry for Lead-In, Lead-Out first in Mastercam. Adding geometry for Lead-In, Lead-Out is a total waste of time.

You have to raise a dialog box when using Dynamic Chaining in Mastercam.

All the above amount to unnecessary and unneeded steps.

Adding Lead-In, Lead-Out after you Chain in Mastercam or by forcing the user to create geometry for Lead-In, Lead-Out so Lead-In, Lead-Out can be created initially when you Chain amounts to an approach that wastes time.