Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

metric/inches

ben

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Metric is a much easier syystem to use. I've used both. It's peoples stubbornness that keeps them from converting to the metric system.

JM2C

Scott, don't you have to be a Texan to ask a question like that? If Australia was part of California, then California would be metric too and if California was metric so would the whole of the US.So aren't you guys really unlucky that Australia isn't part of California?

Technical types of my generation (late 40s) started school with inches and converted to metric along the way (late 60s early 70s). We probably have the best of both as we can comfortably embrace either.

BTW Scott, is there an Ontario in California, or are you in Canada? My Nth. American geography is not so good. Could the CA acronym be ambiguous?

Cheerio, Hugh Venables.

[ 06-25-2002, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Hugh.Venables ]

Hi Hugh

The Onterio I am in is Sothern California,near forum brother James . The real, or more well known is about a 1000 miles to the north.

quote:

Scott, don't you have to be a Texan to ask a question like that?

Well funny you should mention Texas, I really like that part of california.

Cheerio

quote:

BTW Scott, is there an Ontario in California, or are you in Canada? My Nth. American geography is not so good. Could the CA acronym be ambiguous?

In North America, the two letters following the comma are commonly used to designate a state or provice.

US States: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, ,DC , DE, FL, GA, HI, IO, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, and WY.

Canadian Provinces: AB, BC, MB, NB, NF, NS, NT, ON, PE, PQ, SK, and YT

As usual, things are different over here wink.gif