Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MacBook Pro and X3 - HASP Recognition Issue

BTCS

I went to Yorkdale in TO and had the Apple Genius bar do a test run on X with a Hasp before I was to buy into Mac. We installed parallels...and XP2... then X .... It worked flawlessly... so I bought a MacBook Pro... Installed Parallels... then XP2....X .... then inserted Alladdin Hasp ... exactly like we did at the genius bar at Apple..... It will not see my Hasp.... called my service....installed new drivers....no luck.....

Spent a day with my Mac guy locally.... even flipped to VMware.... same thing....

I can see the Hasp and it is recognised.... but for some reason.... I can not run my X3 as it will not see the HASP

Any thoughts......

AJ

Thanks for reading system requirements. MAC IS NOT SUPPORTED!

From Mastercam.com.

Mastercam System Requirements

Processor: 1.5 GHz 32-bit Intel®-compatible processor. 64-bit Intel®-compatible processors are supported.

Operating System: Windows XP® or Windows Vista® (Business or Ultimate), including the latest service packs and recommended updates. NET 2.0 framework.

Memory: 1GB (minimum). Because available RAM significantly affects performance, your use of the software could require more RAM to ensure optimal performance

Graphics Card: 128 MB OpenGL-compatible graphics card (minimum).

Full hardware acceleration display setting is recommended.

Integrated graphics share system RAM and can degrade performance on large or complex parts.

96dpi / small fonts should be used at resolutions less than 1280 pixels in width. If the dpi setting is too large to display the entire contents of the ribbon bar, you can display the options that are not visible by choosing the chevron.

Hard Disk Space: 1.7 GB available hard disk space (minimum).

Monitor: 1024 X 768 pixel resolution (minimum) at 96 dpi (1280 X 1024 recommended).

Mouse: 2-button Windows® compatible mouse (minimum).

Network Protocol: (NetHASP users only) TCP/IP protocol for NetHASP installation; VPN is unsupported.

Additional Supported Hardware: Dual monitors; multiprocessors; Spaceball® motion controllers.

Are you booting into Windows?

I've seen people have great success running Mastercam on a Mac, but the problem is getting support for it (there is none).

So you might have success if you get a Mac expert to help you again, but almost no one on this forum is going to be able to help you. I know a couple of the guys at CNC software run Mastercam on a Mac. I'll email some of the guys I know and see if they can help you out.

While in Windows go to Virtual Machine in the upper task bar in the mac side then go to USB and tell it to make the Aladdin hasp to run. I am running VMware in a Mac pro

(Note:Mastercam is not supported on a Mac system all postings are a reference only)

[ 01-27-2009, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming ]

To all those who tried to help... thanks

To those of you who offered only rederick... thanks for nothing, and do your bosses know how much time you waste responding to threads that you have absolutely no business responding too! Perhaps it's tome to find a real job!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Apparently you did not see the " wink.gif ", and mistook it for a serious reply, then added further insult.

Perhaps saying "I know Mac is not a supported platofrm but it's what I have to work with, and I've heard that there are users successfully running it..." May have been a better way to approach the topic?

Anyway, welcome to the forum cheers.gif . If you decide to stick around, you'll not find a better wealth of Mastercam knowledge ANYWHERE. PERIOD!

Again, welcome cheers.gif !

Hmmmm... smiley faces having pints

You got it... I missed that one

Perhaps you missed the part about I had it tested before I bought....that was to eliminate the whole Murphy Factor.

I guess I could have chosen your words..... but I chose mine... still like them.... please note the *++* which is my way of making 2 smiley faces having beers.... because I don't have enough time on my hands to try to mess around in this forum figuring that little trick out.....lol

Thanks for the Welcome

AJ

quote:

.... because I don't have enough time on my hands to try to mess around in this forum figuring that little trick out.....lol

I have time to run 2 Matsuuras while programming the 3rd, and still have time to do silly stuff like this.

2q0oods.gif

All joking aside, welcome to the forum, and "hang in there".

Some one will more than likely give you the answer to get you "up and running". You won't find a better source for support than here.IMHO

You may have a unique problem, and might have to be patient.

If you find your post dissapearing to another page and are getting frustrated, you can post "BUMP".

It will put you back at the top of the list(for a little while), and hopefully get someone's attention.

Good luck with your Mac.

quote:

because I don't have enough time on my hands to try to mess around in this forum figuring that little trick out.....lol

You don't have time ?!?!?!?!?!? biggrin.gif

You got time to TRY and use a MAC to run Mastercam. biggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Welcome to the Forum. cheers.gif

The guys razzing you work for Mastercam Resellers and are some of the most knowledgeable fellas in here. The other gentlemen replying are also some of the BEST Mastercam Experts as well. This place is a wealth of information for both MC and Machining. It also has some serious smackdown sessions of Politics and Religion in the Off Topic Section. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Stick around and report back on getting MC running on that Mac. wink.gif

quote:

To all those who tried to help... thanks

To those of you who offered only rederick... thanks for nothing, and do your bosses know how much time you waste responding to threads that you have absolutely no business responding too! Perhaps it's tome to find a real job!

5 posts and you behave like that?

Wow, nice. You should have started with reading what is supported, and what isn't. The search function on this site is great too.

Oh, wait.... You're too busy huh, but not busy enough to slag people off? Pfftt

Thanks for everyones help.

I am not new to this forum.... just been away for 4 or 5 years..... just a new membership.

I agree about the experience on this page.... that is why I came here.

I am aware Mac is unsupported.... I need the Mac for other reasons, and I did a test run at the Genius Bar to be sure it would work before I bought it.

Hence my frustration that I am doing exactly what I did then, and not seeing the same results now. I am very aware there are many users using MasterCam out there on a Mac.

Let me say that I am a die hard user of PC's and the move to Mac was considered greatly before I went that way. I am happy we went this way, because I like change and am not afraid to try something new. I came here to get some insightful answers.... and i did get some.

I am solely and end user, or have managed Staffing that were end users, and have been for sometime....

Have a great day guys!

AJ

• 2 weeks later...