Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

color code again

taylor500s

As t smith said, surfaces will come in the correct color, but solids can not have different colored faces. I work in a die shop and we're trying to go paperless and color coding faces is how info (tolerance, burnout, etc) is conveyed. I end up bringing in the solid, then the surfaces on a different level so I can reference the colors.

Thad

When you go to import the file look under options. I cant remember which one but there is an option that allows the surfaces to come in the color they were created. you have to go file open select the type, then click the option button down towards the file name area. That should do it......

We bring in most files from Catia using the STEP format. It is free and does a better job for us than the converter MC sells. STEP files come in on different levels in the colors drawn in and usually as solids. Some files seem to do better with IGES conversion but igs comes in all on one level, all in one color and only as surfaces so I don't bring in more than one part at a time. It's almost impossible to seperate parts that way. Hope some of this will help you figure out your issues.

1st view your Catia file - make sure of your colors

Do straight "Save As" step format

In Mastercam, go File, File Merge, select the step file and adjust the options to "import as surfaces" only , when it displays turn OFF the "Use Current Attributes" box on toolbar line and accept.

Colors should be as in Catia, but your levels will be spread out , you could temporarily set the EA Manager to only adjust the levels while importing.

Suggest you import "solid with edge curves" and not create wireframe from the surfaces before importing the surfaces.

[ 02-18-2009, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: Superman ]