Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

feed rates om contors with arcs

veritasproject

quote:

If you go to tool settings there is a box to

adjust feed on arc move - I think it scales

the feed rate based on how close the arc radius

is to the tool radius

That is what I was talking about...it lets you set a seperate feedrate for arcs, but it's not based upon any scale.

I have the same request,I have used other programs that adjust the feedrate with the above formula. It is very useful on older machines that don't have G107 option. I normally use the change at point (in geometry) I recall a post a while back that someone modified their post too use this formula on arcs.I dont like the adjust arcs feed (tool setting page)because it does it for the whole program (slows down roughin ops)I wish it was in each operation.

This is what I'm using in my post:

code:

#       mr5$ "Arc Feedrate Factor"  <------------------------multiplies feed by this value

# mr6$ "Arc Threshold" <------------------------------if arc rad falls below this value

pcirout1 #Output to NC of circular interpolation

pcan1, pbld, n$, `sgfeed, sgplane, sgcode, sgabsinc, pccdia,

pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout, parc,

[

if arcrad$,

[if arcrad$ <mr6$ & arcrad$ >-mr6$ & mr5$<>0,feed = feed*mr5$]

],

if feed <0.01,feed = 0.01

feed, strcantext, scoolant, e$

At least I can have some control "per operation".

It's working fine for me. I mainly use it to overcome servo lag and/or tool deflection in small corner radii.

i use the adjust feed on arc move all the time just for the finishing tool path.when i generate a rough tool path i just go back into the tool setting and uncheck it before i even start the chaining seq.it is very helpful when your running fin. tools @ 120 ipm on straight cuts and you come on inside rad or outside rad. at that feedrate you won't get true rads. because of tool deflection

I don't need to reduce my feeds in corners since I am always (except in very specific cases) taking a tool at least 10-15% smaller then my corner rad. When the roughing has the same amount of stock everywhere (even in corners) and the tool really interpolates, no need to reduce feed in corners. Except if the machine isn't accurate enough or does not have any look ahead option.

Simon

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The big problems come when you use a tool with a radius too close to the corner radius so yes, in those cases you need to adjust the feedrate. The easy way to deal this is to use smaller tools for the finish, then you can run regular feeds and not have to worry about it. For whatever (no good)reason every engineer likes to have .125, .250, .375, and .500 inside radii. cuckoo.gif

I use to like to spec metric tools for finishing (4mm, 6mm, 8,mm, 10mm, and 12mm) biggrin.gif used to xxxx guys off but... using a 12mm instead of a 1/2" worked WAY better on finish passes.

Sometimes you just gotta think outside the box.