Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 videos

Cannon

I got X4 videos when I watched it. Most of the stuff doesn't really excite me, but the Dynamic Mill path looks GREAT.

Any of you beta testers use the Dynamic Mill yet for pocketing? Is it anywhere close to Volumill or the Cimco HSM add on?

"I do not see Multi-Threading in the video. I Know it is in X4, i saw it at my reseller. Did i miss it? I would think that is a huge upgrade for mastercam and they would want it in thier promotional videos."

Jrygus, Multi-Threading is definitely part of X4, it is defaulted to be enabled so perhaps that is why you did not see it in the vid. Works sweet for 5-axis toolpaths too.

5 axis circle mill!!!

this one is great, was very slow to try to do with 3 axis on tilted plane. Typically ended up scripting helixs in CAD.

great for helical piercing with 6 axis robot waterjet wink.gif

also bumb nesting looks great(about time though, alphacam had tis a long time ago wink.gif )

Just read this and passing it on. biggrin.gif

CIMdata PLM Industry Summary Online Archive

March 2009

Events News

Mastercam Showcasing Major New Developments at Eastec 2009

Eastec 2009 features the unveiling of two major developments in CNC Software’s Mastercam CAD/CAM software. Attendees will get the first look at Mastercam’s latest CAD/CAM software, Mastercam X4, as well as the new Mastercam® for SolidWorks product. Both will be showcased in booth 5245 at the Big E Fairgrounds, West Springfield, MA, on May 19-21.

Mastercam X4

Due out in second quarter of 2009, Mastercam X4 brings users a suite of new toolpaths, Multi-threading ability, and much more.

Dynamic Machining – This new machining technique gives you the ability to utilize the entire flute length of the cutting tool, saving both time and money. Dynamic machining offers flexible retract options to keep the tool down in smaller parts, and rapid retract on larger parts.

Multi-threading – Mastercam Mill delivers multi-threading support, dividing complex tasks in a multi-core computer, and delivering faster processing and other benefits. Users have the option to turn this on or off. When used in a single-core environment, Multi-threading allows users to multi-task, prioritize running and pending tasks, and monitor the progress of toolpath calculation, which increases productivity.

Other X4 features include:

- 3D toolpath refiner for better finish

- Feature Based Machining Drill enhancements

- Feature Based Machining Mill enhancements

- Tree-style dialog boxes for 2D toolpaths

- Circle 5-axis toolpath

- Agie Support

Mastercam for SolidWorks

Mastercam for SolidWorks is fully integrated CAM that runs in SolidWorks. SolidWorks users can now program their parts directly within SolidWorks using Mastercam’s toolpaths and machining strategies.

Mastercam for SolidWorks includes a suite of cutting strategies, including Feature Based Machining FBM and 3D High Speed Machining HSM toolpaths. HSM promotes longer tool life, faster machining time, and precision cutting by creating smooth cuts that eliminate dangerous sharp moves. Mastercam for SolidWorks also delivers a set of automated cleanup toolpaths, letting users get parts off the machine faster and with little or no handwork.