Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION?

Bob W.

It was crashing in files with only 2D geometry though I did have the y step set to zero. It seemed to help when I reset that value to 1. I never had problems with it before though. Also, selecting surface geometry and changing surface normals is more difficult because it doesn't show up very well. Again, never a problem in the past...

the couple of times i have had it crash i get the crash report first for CNC then after i send the crash report the "unhandled exemption" window pops up which i didnt know about till after i sent the crash report so in my crash report they never knew i was getting this error but they still got the crash report on what i was doing and how it happend

hopefully it helps

I just crashed four times with the "unhandled exception" error in the last hour. Happens when regenerating locked toolpaths with the (repaired nci" error in the comment section. (Yes, I unlocked the toolpaths before regenerating). I disabled multi-threading, and it hasn't crashed since.

Bob,

What version of the driver are you running and what is your Graphics Card Profile set to?

We use the "Solidworks" profile, and that seemed to clear up most of our graphics related issues back in the X/X2 days. The "3D App Default Settings" gives Mastercam fits.

The reason I ask is that you said you were having problems with surface normals (I'm assuming you mean the vector arrows) and selecting surfaces. I had similar problems when X was first released, and I traced the issues to an old driver (we updated to a more recent version at the time) and the Global profile.

HTH,