Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HELP!!!

latheman

hello everyone,

I am still new to mc and have been trying to machine a pocket around a radial part that has tapered walls on three sides. if someone could point me in the right direction would be great. boss wants all edges to be smooth. i have tried contour using tapered walls function and im close but it seems i have one issue after another with surfaces not smooth

_______

X4 MILL LEVEL ONE

LATHE LEVEL ONE confused.gifcurse.gif

Thanks for the reply,

(?What do you mean not smooth)

where the tapered walls come together. very hard for me to explain. i have not tried swep2d but i will now. when i used contour tapered walls the post outputs straight moves not G02 G03. which makes program to big for my old machine. sorry if this is not very clear. if i can i will try to send someone the drawing to make it clear(er).

Thanks again

thanks Eric for the help. my post is now outputting G02 and G03. I have been hung up on contour stubburn i guess. i will try wireframe.

the only work i have done with mc mill is drill holes so this is really freakin me out. i have been machining for 16 yrs. and just started in mc and it feels like i know NOTHING!

thanks again, sorry for the venting

Eric,

I took the mill level 1 course offered by my reseller. The first two days were drawing. Not alot on toolpathing. I went to the local technical college where they teach mc. i presented the problem i was having with this part and he said im sorry we dont get that deep in mc. If you have any suggestions or books i can refer to let me know.

I want to know this stuff really BAD!

Thanks yet again

quote:

sounds like a cop-out to me, at least he should have pointed you in the right direction.

Absolutely!

This instructor needs a :SMACK:

tongue.gif

Hang in there latheman.

You'll find it gets easier the more time you spend in the seat. wink.gif

As others have said, you can always upload your model to the ftp, or email it to someone here, and I GUARANTEE someone will help you out.

cheers.gif