Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hawkman

Joey, no need to apologize. Actually I did not mean to jump on you. I can understand completley that resellers sell this service but I also feel users should be allowed to share posts. In many cases posts can be based on many opinions and sharing those can be very helpful. So, I think its a fine line. As an example, James shared so post blocks which were a way he handles a particular control probaby diffferent to anyone else so sharing that info could be very helpful and something a reseller may have not ever considered.

In summary, I guess I dont agree with this rule as it is currently written. After all, a users forum should not restrict USERS from helping USERS.

JM2C

Dave,

If you think posts aren't shared here, you're mistaken. wink.gif

Any Joe that walks in and asks for one isn't going to get one, but if you're a productive member here at the forum, you'd be surprised what may show up in your email inbox if you ask the right questions.

Help and be helped. It's just that simple. cheers.gif

Thad

There are MANY people here I would provide a post or post help with, and I have as have MANY others. When new user comes in looking for a post, he isn't getting one from me. Frankly, if you've edited your post, then it's yours to do with as you please but I do question the wisdom of possibly giving something to someone to whom you really know nothing about.

I worked up a post processor last week, the person called be back and asked if he could get it to work in X because the guy on the floor was running a cracked copy on his laptop. This stuff REALLY happens.

Can you guess what my answer was?

Hawkman, was asking for a book, Jay was gently letting him know that asking for a post going forward would be a no-no but asking for "HELP" is always encouraged.

JM2C

quote:

I worked up a post processor last week, the person called be back and asked if he could get it to work in X because the guy on the floor was running a cracked copy on his laptop.

I suppose I never gave any thought to a user here being a pirate. With that said, it's a good point.

Thanks for explaining.

quote:

I suppose I never gave any thought to a user here being a pirate. With that said, it's a good point.

Thanks for explaining.

Mind you I am NOT saying or accusing Hawkman of being a pirate, nothing of the sort.

I was just pointing out that they are out there and that is one of the reasons that especially new, unknown people asking for a post illicit the response they generally get.

As MOD's we now try to point out the FAQ and lock the threads so they do not get out of hand.

Maybe some background is in order

for some of the new guys.

Sharing posts is not against the rules.

Its just bad manners to sign up on the forum

and ask for a freebie in post #1.

Guys who have 10's of thousands of dollars

and years of sweat equity invested,

take a dim view of some crackbaby stopping by

to ask for a free post.

We had some vicious flame wars and more than

one new member driven off never to return.

Many were pirates, many were not.

It has become unoffical policy to refer the

asker to the FAQ's and lock the thread.

Having said that if you want to give a newbie

crackbaby your posts go for it.