Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Member Levels / Avatars

Webby

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were many valid arguments being made in this thread. However, I'd like to voice my support for both James and Jay (Cadcam) as they have provided me with answers on several occasions.

This forum IS a great resource for sharing ideas and advice. Each of us has knowledge and experience to share and having all of this knowledge bundled in one convenient place is truly a blessing (the Internet is a great thing).

Now then, how about if we all started actually rating responses by the success of the advice given? Those who receive "x" amount of "Great Advice" tallies wear the "Guru" title under their user names. Otherwise, you're either a "New Member", "Member", or "Senior Member".

Just my $.02.

Have a nice weekend all!

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

— Abraham Lincoln

quote:

I am Junior Member #53 - really, who cares!

OMG Multax is back.

Jack, Having been helped MANY times in the past by both the members you blasted, I am extremely offended by your comments. It destroys the entire definition of "community" and the essecense of the bulletin board itself. The avatar and member thing is just a fun game to be playing while we are concentrating on the real issues- trying to make a living with Mastercam in any way we can, by using, teaching, promoting or WHATEVER. We are all on the same level and just because I can't do a 5 axis toolpath or disect lines of code written in C++ doesn't mean I can't communicate with any of the regulars on this GREAT board.

Lighten up dude, you having a bad day?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I don't think it's him. Multax lives here in SoCal. He(multax) came up to me two WESTEC's ago and had my ear for two hours about creating some sort of benchmark test to test CPU's etc... (which BTW has some merit IMHO), so unless he's moved, changed ISP's, or is bouncing servers, it's not him. But I could be wrong..... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif I've been wrong before and surely I'll be wrong about something again.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Webmaster,Bullines,...

You are great people. I am glad you are the people who run this forum.

You know what I mean.

Yes, yes, it could be much, much, worse. I could be running the show. Talk about mayhem, woooo hoooo. This place would be a mess. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif So y'all otta be happy, and thankful too.

JM2C

The amount of posts,The many quick responses, The free service on a Hot file, Forum members asking for the help of these guys by name,and immediately getting it.

Everybody has something to contribute, some more than others. Jay ,James ; your constant posts have contributed real value to the forum.

I remember a post where a Forum member was sticking up for Pirate users right to the Hot Seats,and forum use. And he didn't get near the abuse that I have seen Jay ,James ,and PDG get for there efforts.

IMHO

You guys can have any forum tile you want.

As you can tell from the number of posts that I have, I don't often have something to add..... Having said that, I enjoy reading this forum several times a week and have done so for a fairly long period of time. It is a very rare week that I don't learn something new that I can profitably apply to my programming or machining skills. Unquestionably, I have learned to tweak my posts and more efficiently program my parts by paying attention to the various threads - many thanks to those "Masters" that post with frequency in this forum. Keep it up! biggrin.gif

With regard to the "levels", there has just been too much really good info flowing through this forum to pay any attention to those statistics.

Hmmm, It’s been a couple of days since I’ve been on - Let’s see what’s in this little folder with all the flames on it.

James – OOUUCCHH!

Guy – backs him up.

Bullines – sort of neutral

Webmaster – wow, he’s all over this one.

CadCam – saw this one coming

MachineMasterG – sausage’s? How do these guy’s find this stuff out?

None the less, the upload is graciously on Jayson ‘s FTP site.

I am a little preturbed that CNC Software has constantly matched our latest sausage products with there latest updates. Hopefully, I will release Version 10 before they do.

See you at ITMS.

Regards, Jack

Version 9.0

Taste test V9.1 Hint of Maple

Trochoidal cut (Trade mark)

Notes: preferred the Hanita stub rougher

Ramping failed since the paper thin edges of sausages at each end tend to burn while leaving the interior a little undercooked.

Flavor is extraordinary, however due to the current USA Food & Drug regulations – we cannot ship south of the border without loading these fine sausages up with preservatives.

TOP SECRET

Version 10 (testing almost finished)

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

James – OOUUCCHH!

What??????? You're suprised that I would defend my character that you so visciously attacked? You definitely do not know me very well.

My take is "there's usually 'one' in every crowd" and apparently you're it. I guess guys like you come around every once in a while then you disappear. I see you are Member # 53, and I am # 58. You've been around longer than me. Too bad out of your 15 posts in over two years (as of Aug. 17, 2002 @ 3:28pm PST) your longest, most prolific contribution to date is so negative and inflamatory. If you were to put that much effort into helping/contributing this place would be even better.

Something to think about........

I learn something every week from the forum.

this weeks lesson,the definition of the word "avatar".(thanks Bullines) I am having fun choosing what I will be using for mine. I think that the portrait of James makes a real powerful and professional statement, and the aviation propeller was a nice tie-in. Maybe just our simple company logo, or a real photo. I am looking forward to see how the forum gets dressed up buy the variety of Avatar,s

0 - New Member - you get the warm feeling of belonging to the Mastercam forum community.

11 - Member - Show this to your boss for an immediate raise.

200 - [Custom Avatar privilege] Now you can remodel your office, and run an add for a secretary .

500 - [senior member] This good for the senior lunch discount at Sizzler

1000 posts - Each and everyone of you get double the bonus that Jay and James get for their participation.

[ 08-18-2002, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

YIKES,go away for a weekend and BOOM.I have to stand beside Jay, and James.These are a few of the best on the site.I having talking to Jay on the phone briefly once,and helping out a few files he was working on(because i am firewalled from the ftp)I can vouch These guys know what they are doing,If someone is that negative,And with so little to say after all this time as a member,Has no room to show anyone disrespect.Give me your part,I will play proffesor and return it faster, cheaper, better,and

with more respect and dignity than you.If you feel these guys are wasting your time go away.Go log on

to some other lame place,DAWG us out and stay feebley closed minded,and we will see you in month or so asking for help.I would be offended to,If You directed those statements to me,Buty when it comes down to it,I can walk the walk,Especially knowing guys like these can help me out.Maybe you should research some of thier posts,Youll probably learn something.My .02$.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

TOP SECRET"

"Version 10 (testing almost finished)"

I am glad I found this out. I better go tell PDG.

And I was going to drop you guys a line to get in on Beta Testing wink.gif Don't tease me like that. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

For those of you buying that Version 10 (testing almost finished), just take alook at past development cycles for Mastercam. V6 to V7 - around 18 months. V7 to V8 about 20 months, V8 to V9 around 20 months. V9 has been out (for all intents and purposes) 7 months.

Just something to think about when asessing(sp?) someone's credibility.

Perhaps one should grab a box of salt and dump over their CPU's as many grains will be required to continue thru this thread.

Maybe we should schedule a good old fashioned punch up at IMTS - Last man standing, winner take all!!

V10 - What a laugh, Lets live thru and validate the V9 lifecycle first.

[ 08-19-2002, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: MfgEng ]