Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Tower What do you think?

crazy^millman

Here are the Spec's:

Precision T7500

* Precision Workstation T7500 Tower

* Genuine Windows 7 Professional

System Price : $3,379.00

Operating System

Genuine Windows 7 ProfessionalMemory

12 GB DDR3 ECC RDIMM 1066MHz (6 DIMMs)

Floppy Drive 1.44 MB Floppy Disk

DriveHard Disk Drive

300 GB Serial-Attach SCSI 3Gbps 3.5-in Cabled Hard Drive (15K RPM) 2nd Drive

300 GB Serial-Attach SCSI 3Gbps 3.5-in Cabled Hard Drive (15K RPM)Video

768MB NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800, DUAL MON, 2 DP & 1 DVISoftware Upgrade

Windows Live

64BIT Operating System DVDProcessor

Processor: Dual Quad Core Intel Xeon Processor X5550 2.66GHz, 8M L3, 6.4GT/s, turboHardware Upgrade

Integrated Intel chipset SATA 3.0Gb/s controller

Dell USB 6-Button Laser Mouse

Precision T7500 Power Suppply

125V Power Cord

Quiet Key Keyboard

Primary Heatsink

Thermal Heat Sink for 2 ProcessorMedia Bay

16X DVD ROM DriveCertified Refurbished

Certified RefurbishedBase

Precision Workstation T7500 Tower

This is a refurb but new this is almost a $6k tower. I can swing it, but the question is do I?

I saw 12GB of RAM and could read no further as I fainted. biggrin.gif

Alas, I can only dream.

If you have the work to pay for it, do it.

It's another tool in the box.

[ 02-20-2010, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: SAIPEM ]

Jim with it being a refurbished you kind of get what you get for the price. I priced the same system new and it was $5993 so a big mark down going refurbished plus you still get the same warranty so if anything does happen you get new parts. Down the road I can look at going SSD. wink.gifwink.gif

Well I can not do anything till Monday so we will see if it is still available then.

Hey millman....nice system. I just purchased a very similar one only I jumped the video card up to a NVIDIA Quadro FX3800. It made a BIG difference for me.If your looking to purchase duel monitors I just got 2 new ones from Tiger direct on sale 24" Samsung 24SW widescreen LCD 1920 x 1080 50000:1 Dynamic, 5ms for $219.99 each.

I pulled the trigger with the work I am getting I need a beast to move things along. I got 2 Dell HD 24" screens with it for $220 each. They cut me a deal so I decided to stick with Dell this time. I have used Dell monitors over at Verisurf for the last 1-1/2 years and been very happy with them. It should be delivered Friday. I will run the bench mark and let everyone know how it does.

[ 02-22-2010, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Crazy^Millman ]

We just got 2 new Dell T5500's with 2 Quad core Xeon E5520 CPU's, 12Gb RAM, Quadro FX3800 video card, 10K RPM SATA hard drive for $3,168. We looked at the T7500 but didn't see a reason to spend more on it when this machine has the same CPU and RAM capabilities. The site that has Solidworks & Mastercam optmized PC's had the T5500 for about $800 less than we paid.

Yeah they did not have any 5500's set-up at the refub sit so that was why I went down the 7500 route. I looked at the new prices and it would have been a single processor, 6 gig of memory, with the better card for about the same price. So happy with what I am getting yeah it is bigger and may not make it better, but I have had 5500's and hope the 7500 does a better job of cooling.

Very nice setup Ron. I notice you have the monitors meeting right at the center of your line of sight. Do you use both monitors equally as much, so you don't get a stiff neck from looking at one side the whole time?

Also, I like the Panda drawings. One Panda smiling, the other Panda looking like it's going to throw itself off a cliff! biggrin.gif

No my oldest daughter bought it for $4 and it says Tim for Dad with gears as the pendulum and a hammer and Pliers on the side. Real cheaply made, but when it from your kids it makes it the most valuable thing on earth. The other things you see are my kids art work from their school. The is also a Gator with its mouth open our middle kid did on top of the tower. I sometime put my little calculator in there.

It is nice working from home open the blind and let some light.