Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problem with V9 and Windows7

matty

Hi guys. Im curently running Version 9 in my little machine shop. I recently upgraded my computer and went from XP to Windows 7. I tried re-installing V9, and it installs okay, but every time I try to open it up, it comes up "not responding" and I cant do anything except open the task manager and shut it down. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and/or any ideas on what the problem may be. Thanks

Matt

• 3 months later...

Verndog - So your saying you reboot your computer in XP to run MC9 - I'm stumped, I have X2 and have considered x4, but I'm so much more productive in 9 - I did though just purchase a new computer with Win7 -

MC9 opens and runs fine, but I cant slow the graphics accelerator - therefor, MC9 acts funny when it comes to the Chaining Arrow, Dimension lines and such -

I must have my 9 and I'm really liking the shiny new Win7.

Am I out of luck?

Am I out of luck?

Yes you are out of luck. V9 on Win 7 is NOT happening.

I have a nethasp at work and V9 will open.. but the graphics problems are too numerous to mention.

Your choices are

1. install V9 on your old XP box

2, Do a dual boot setup as Verndog suggested

3. move on.. V9 is 10 years old, obsolete, unsupported software.. you problems will only get

worse with time.

but I'm so much more productive in 9

I'd run against you ANY day of the week and PROVE to you V9 is a dinosuar

Dinosaurs went extinct.

People who behave as dinosaurs will find themselves professionally extinct as well.

JM2C

Verndog - So your saying you reboot your computer in XP to run MC9 - I'm stumped, I have X2 and have considered x4, but I'm so much more productive in 9 - I did though just purchase a new computer with Win7 -

MC9 opens and runs fine, but I cant slow the graphics accelerator - therefor, MC9 acts funny when it comes to the Chaining Arrow, Dimension lines and such -

Am I out of luck?

Yep exactly. I reboot into XP for V9, but haven't needed it in over a month so no big deal to me. Your only more productive in V9 because you haven't allowed enough time yet. I understand when push comes to shove and a job needs to get out people go to the ole reliable...but eventually this will catch up as you NOW can see. Bite the bullet, wear some padding to work and fight thru at least X3.

Win 7 has "Virtual PC's". You could probably set this up and get it to work. But, that Virtual PC's open another window like it's a PC of it's own. You then need to setup all your preferences like it was another machine.

For all the pain it would cause, upgrading would be way easier. I set it up on my WIN7 box (not for MC, for another program, ERP software) and I never used it. To much BS to deal with.