Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Now what for V9 post.

John White WLM&T

Just purchased a new Mori DuraVertical with fourth axis. Have x2 but still using V9 for a lot of things. All these years the typical answer for a post was "go ask your dealer".

Well I did that and this was the response.

"In regards to your request for the Mori Seki Post processor, please see the attached quote. Please note we can no longer provide any posts for Mastercam Version9 as it is no longer supported."

Anybody want to sell me a copy of thiers or can anyone suggest another company who can help us out with this.

John

"There should be some people out there who can provide you with post support, even for V9. It also depends on what features you need supported. Sounds like you just need a 4 axis vertical mill post. This is pretty easy for someone experienced in post writing."

I don't mind to pay if someone can help me out. The machine is coming this Friday. I was assured by the Mori dealer there was going to be no problem getting a post for this machine. There is Mastercam logo's all over the Mori website. So I didn't think there was going to be any problems. Now I have left it to the last minute only to find I am being left in the lurch by both Mori and Cnc Software. Seems like it's just keeps getting harder to deal with the good old companies.

I just joind the Esprit team for our wire edm programming and as a customer I have access to the members only area. There are current posts there for all our wire edm's. Just there for the taking. All current and working. How refreshing.

John

quote:

So I didn't think there was going to be any problems. Now I have left it to the last minute only to find I am being left in the lurch by both Mori and Cnc Software.

You are using 5 year old sunsetted software.

It's a dead release.

John you are upset because a software company is trying to make money. You are getting a new machine to help production. Why get a new one why not go get a 25 year old machine to do the work of this new machine? Because you want to make money, but how dare your dealer and CNC software dare try to make some money too. You talked about Esprit having current yet Mastercam has older post that will work on that machine that installed more than likely with your V9 version. Companies are suppose to go out and make post for newer machines for software that came out 10 years ago. Get real and put the blame where it belongs and not companies doing what you are doing. headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Also when you were making all the deal you bother to call your Mastercam dealer and see what they said? Sounds like to me you put all your hopes on the Mori dealer and now it is the CNC software dealer or CNC software fault for you assumption.

quote:

I was assured by the Mori dealer there was going to be no problem getting a post for this machine. There is Mastercam logo's all over the Mori website.

Oh and software in IMHO is like dog years every year things change with the hardware of computers that makes them age like dog years. V9 will not work on a 64 bit computer.

quote:

I don't mind to pay if someone can help me out. The machine is coming this Friday.

How much help do you need with the post? You should be able to take the MpMaster from the link above and get what you need with very minor modifications, mostly just setting the switches the way you need them.

How much experience do you have editing posts?

It’s not about the cost of the post. It’s just frustrating that Mori has told me they have approved one for that machine and CNC has a copy I can get. I have been a customer since V8. We have purchased V8,V9,X,X2 all for lathe mill and wire. Now I am told I can’t have a copy or even buy a copy.

We did demo X3. I took 4 guys out of the shop and drove an hour to the dealer for an update to X day. We were looking to take advantage of all the information in a new solidworks file. We were told because we didn’t have the solids package the easiest way for us to get geometry for the lathe and wire was to export a dxf from the solidworks drawing file. And just program from that profile. No sweat. What a huge leap forward from Version 9. We didn’t upgrade.

Then we had a month with X4. Read all about being able to wire cut from solids… When 4:30 came on install day the install guy packed up and left. We didn’t have a clean post for lathe or mill to use. Was a mess. I tried forcing the guys to use X4 and just edit the code until we could get the problem sorted out. Call to get the guy back and he didn’t work there any more. By the time I got a new person on the problem the demo had expired. We didn’t upgrade.

I grow more frustrated and tired of dealing with this company by the day. Al l I want is software that can easily cut parts and a solid post for each machine. Should that always be like pulling teeth?

We are now looking at mill turn. Should I shop for a good post and buy a machine to suit?

John

quote:

It’s just frustrating that Mori has told me they have approved one for that machine and CNC has a copy I can get.

We understand your frustration. If Mori says they have a post available they should be setting you up with it. CNC has stopped supporting V9 but I don't know why they wouldn't keep the posts around. Like Dan@Vian Ent. said, there are a lot of posts on the V9 installation disk but the one I favor is the MpMaster because of the tools available in it and the ease of customization.

With that said, I think if you cool your heals a little and look for a solution instead of a place to vent your frustrations you'll get all the help you need from the guys here on the forum and be going in no time.

I think that MPMaster or MPFAN would give you good code with minimal tweaking. We still run V9.1SP2 because I have to ship product and saying "geez, I know we missed the number last month because I didn't get that job programmed, but we learned a lot about Mastercam" is not an option. I realize that the sun is setting on 9 and that we need to get up to speed, so we're going to do it someday soon, but I understand why you haven't switched.

I have some pretty dialed Yasnac and Fanuc mill posts that would most likely work with your machine, so do most of the guys here. Save yourself the aggravation of the flame war brewing here and try MPMaster or your new machine before you go too much further.

As far as the mill/turn goes, if you have more than one turret MC is not the best option out there.

C

John

just calm down and take a deep breath and count to 3.....1...2...3...feel better now

you have the link for the V9 MPmaster post and there is a lot of very good people (including CNC software people) on this forum to help you tweak it in, give the post a go and where you need help with the tweaks just ask

JMO HTH

Hi John,

We didn’t say we wouldn’t supply you a post, we simply said there would be a cost involved.

We can supply you with an X2 or X4 post for the cost stated on the quote we previously sent.

Or,

You can download the free V9 post from this website and if anything needs to be customized or changed, there would need to be an hourly charge as stated on the quote also.