Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can not delete all entities on level.

rsc

Sometimes when I delete all entities on a level, the Level Manager shows # Entites = 1. When that level is set as active, with no other levels visible, I can check Screen Statistics and it shows no entities. How can I get that level set to zero so that I can remove the empty level from the Level Manager?

Like Robert said...check for blanked entities.

Make that level visible and go to Screen/Unblank and see if any blanked entities appear.

You can also use the Level Manager's "Report" function...it's in the right-click menu when you're in the Mgr. It should report for you how many of what entity types are on all the levels.

The easiest way is to make sure the Main level is set to something else.

Then Right-Click in the Name field of the level you want to clear out, and select "Delete".

This will delete that annoying phantom entity, and works every time.

The one thing you have to remember is that you can't delete everything off the Main level, so just set Main to some other level.

Don't forget that you can now also use "Renumber" level, and "Purge empty levels".

These are two functions I use constantly...

I find that often, it will show things that really aren't.....

If I use STL rest, it will have entities tied to the STL. Even if you can't see it.

Run the report, and it will show you have "xx external files" entities. xx = the number of STL files I've used as rest cad files with that level active when I created the rest op.

You can go to unblank -> ctl-a (select all) -> enter. Then, del -> ctl-a -> enter.

That will get rid of them, but it will also cause the rest op to lose reference to the STL cad file, and tell you no cad file.

I just leave em in a level I create called scratch. That way, I keep the other levels clean.

Just make "scratch" the main level when creating rest ops.

• 5 months later...

Many thanks to you Colin I didn't know these options even existed. They will make my job easier since I am a neat freak and must keep my levels just the way I want :D .

AND....I am am able to get rid of these empty levels with "1" entity!

Same Here!!!, .....well, except for the neat freak part.........I usually get to rushing through stuff and get slightly spastic with my levels. I'll re-visit a job and wonder, "Why in the hell did I call it THAT!!" :o