Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Please post here if you are new to the Forum

Webby

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I've had Mill 8.1 lvl 1 w/solids & Lathe 8.1 also since May 2001.We had used Smart?Cam prior to that time. Before that I had written programs manually. MasterCam is a much easier & better system to work with. I have been reading the posts of others and picking up some good info on post mods & such. Thanks to all who share their knowledge with those of us on the steep side of the learning curve. Reading this forum is habit forming, but, it is time well spent.

Thanks again,

We are WHInc Cabinetmakers from Bridgeport Connecticut. We make architectural Millwork for residencial and commercial projects. We use a Masterwood Winner 3.2 from Italy. We purchased the Router package about six weeks ago but are still waiting to do our first job.The post processor still needs work despite only three axis. We are psyched to get started

Hi All

I have been using MC since Ver6 now on Ver8.11. I only class myself as a beginner as I dont get to use MC as much as I would like. I work for Griffith University in Australia and our work is all R&D. How many other Aus users are out there ?

Holy Crap it worked eek.gif

Hi to you all,

I have been CNC machining for 24 years.I started long before any cam systems were around and we used a calculator, pencil and lots of asprin (before Tylenol as well) to create code.

I've been using M-cam for about three years now. we were left hi and dry by a so call smart system that I used for 10 years.

We are a job shop that also produces some of our own products(www.jsfoster.com,,www.Islander.com). We have 4 cnc lathes, 3 vertical mills, and 1 mill/turn machine.

One question I have is, does anyone know of a site to go and get posts or is this kind of sharing frowned upon with Mastercam. I am having difficulty expressing to my boss the value of a post that requires no or minimal editing. frown.gif

Hasta,

Phil

Victoria B.C.

Canada

[ 02-18-2002, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: PhilCott ]

quote:

One question I have is, does anyone know of a site to go and get posts or is this kind of sharing frowned upon with Mastercam. I am having difficulty expressing to my boss the value of a post that requires no or minimal editing.

PhilCott ,

Tthe best pLace to find or find OUT about post's is right here in your front yard.

You will find help and some will share.

Like alwas we sugest talking with your dealer first.

But you can ask here and see what comes up.

You will not be turned away.

Now Welcome & glad to see you can post.

[ 02-18-2002, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Hello to all, Jim Lunger here.

I'm the Machine Shop Supervisor at K&N Engineering. We make High Performance Air Filters for cars and motorcycles.

I've used Mastercam for over 16 years. Back to Version 3.1. I sure wish that CNC Software would do a total rewrite! Mastercam is still just a DOS program that has been shoe-horned into Windows. My biggest beef is that Mastercam is the best CAM software out there and it's still full of glitches that a total Windows platform would solve.

Ok, I'm off the soap box

JFDI

Hi JFDI,

Now that I can remeber 3.1 was either 89 or 90 so that would be 12 to 13 years ago.

I remember that one vary well.

quote:

it's still full of glitches

Like what things that bother you?

quote:

that a total Windows platform would solve.

I guess this goes with my last question.

And these thoughts will be fixed with a Window GUI?

As for the company you work for I have used there products for many years for my cars and motorcycles.Vary good product to.

Well as I have said to you before welcome.

Hope you find this forum helpful.

Pretty sure it was late 1986. The year I met my wife. JD Tool in Riverside recieved their Mastercam from QuickSilver. About glitches. How about config settings that stay set after exiting? Also, how about opening more than one drawing,(like Solidworks.) Just a start.

Later

JFDI

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Also, how about opening more than one drawing...

Multiple sessions of Mastercam won't work?

quote:

How about config settings that stay set after exiting?

In V9, you can save settings under a different config name(i.e. james_mill9.cfg) than Mill*.cfg and have Mastercam launch using the modified Config file by modifying the command line of the/a Mastercam V9 icon like this "c:mcam9mill9.exe james_mill9.cfg"

As for staying with a current version, if I modify the mill*.cfg, I've NEVER had it not save my setings and I've been using Mastercam since Version 3 in 1992.

JM2C

JFDI

Dos progrm smached into windows! Man i feel your pain .This forum has had some knock down Mike Tyson ear chewing slug fest toe to toe brawl about Mastercams GUI. Do a search in this forum & catch up on the details dude cause your not by yourself on this matter. Yout gonna have to wait about Two years till Version Ten come out eek.gif

And Welcome to the Forum .

Kenneth Potter

James, Thanks for the thoughts.

Multiple sessions of Mastercam won't work?

Sure, but because each session is attempting to sap all of your resources, the system slows.

As far as setting the config file each time. Been there, done that. PITA! (Pain In The A**) For the cost of the software, it should save it itself.

Haven't seen V9 yet. One can only hope a better program and not just the usual "Bells and Whistles" upgrade.

JFDI

Just Focus and Do It

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Dean and I'm signing in from Vancouver, Canada. I have been a Camand user for the past five years and am looking to switch over to Mastercam since Camax was bought by SDRC three or four years ago mad.gif I stopped maintenance when this happened and am having Iges exchange problems now so it is time to change.

• 4 weeks later...