Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Baditude

Jack Mitchell

I am so sorry for responding to the machining center thread the way that I did. A bottle of scotch, a keyboard, and a bad attitude is hardly an excuse for my total lack of professional conduct, my sincerest apologies are forthwith – I don’t deserve forgiveness, therefore I do not have the right to ask, again, my sincerest apologies. Yes, I do still feel really, really, bad for making the comment about the boxing gloves & about eating the salesman’s face!

Mr. Bond, thank you for starting the cool thread (Email me your address and I’ll ship you a secret decoder watch or maybe a pen that writes with invisible ink).

Chris, you’re so close, but yet so far, unfortunately, I still really like you (nice touch & kudos).

Rekd, this is hot, this is large, - I am so very, very, impressed – Kudos (really & truly, I’m not toying with you, I’m impressed).

Jim, once again, you’re words are failing your true potential – do some damage big guy!

Bullines – great suggestion (this will seriously be considered, thank you), Bret the HitMan Hart would also be truly excellent - please keep these great suggestions coming.

Perhaps I can convince my spouse to manipulate a recent photo - with my head on stick like in Apocalypse Now - is this what you guys want?, but seriously folks, I won’t be offended in the least, fire away & please keep those graphics coming – don’t make me go thru the hurt me, hurt me, thing again please.

I do, however; request some help with modifying a post file as follows:

The 8” no-name hydraulic chuck does not in itself present a problem.

The 17” four jaw manual chuck presents a very critical safety issue!

The application requires OD turning H13 at 16” Dia., ID bored & tapers to approximately 4” from OD with face grooving approximately 3” deep (some are 3” wide & 3” deep)

Typical part length is as short as three inches to a maximum length of 17” (there is no tailstock or external support on this machine tool).

My suggestion would be to have two separate posts, perhaps they could be called 3JawHaas and 4JawHaas respectively – This is an extremely dangerous prospect when you consider a clamp speed of 3500rpm, four-jaw, and the mass of a 16” Dia. x 17” long.

Could somebody please help me with this? – I cannot imagine what could happen, due to a programmer or operator oversight. (I am neither person, in this application).

Who am I to ask for help on this forum? I am not begging for a freebie post to my email – I am asking for help for another person or person’s safety. I know that I have offended many, many people in the past with my shrewd and reckless cowboy abandon and truly deserve nothing in response; what can I say, but this forum is a humorous debate, the finest of Mastercam programming and even the finest of machining resources On The Net, and yet, a vent for both our frustrations and our brotherhood of love, friendship, help, and respect. – Kindness and generosity are among the many traits of Jack Mitchell that are rarely seen among words but rather through empathy, actions, or a perhaps a helpful response. (V10 Beta sausages “Hint of Maple” are shipping, for consideration, or, alternately, a picture of me kissing the very control panel of the aforementioned machine tool) – James, Jayson, please don’t leave me hanging out here like this - HELP ME or HANG ME, after all, you two guys were the brunt of a salacious, vicious attack about eight months ago – show me some moxy, show me death, or throw me a fricken bone.

That’s all for tonight guys, for I have had enough.

Tomorrows request is the example and hopefully, the solution for a safety first solution.

Till tomorrow, the guy that everybody loves to hate: Your friend, Jack

Hi Jack,

First of all I would like to apologize for some of the inappropriate comments I've made. With that said I'll move on to your current task. Somehow an 8" chuck doesn't sound very safe either when you think about the weight of those raw bars. Here at my company we have a Mori SL7A. This is a big lathe with 16" chuck and when they buy the "pie jaws" they're 12" thick by 24" dia.

I can't imagine holding 16" dia bars 17" long with anything less than 8" inside the jaws.

The 8" chuck could probably handle the short parts with some custom built jaws no problem.

As far as posts go I'm still learning from the CD so can't help you out there.

Regards,

Hi Jack

The basic forum spirt is to support Mastercam

users, and I have been in the shops since I was

11 years old . As a result of 36 years of

experience ,

and in several differ ant manufacturing fields. I don,t

need all that much from the forum, but also as a

professional programmer I do need the forum to stay

as current as possible with the software ,as well as

picking up a manufacturing tip now and then. In my

opinion it takes everybody to make a team. Everybody

means---Everybody including us.

So I think

you need to hang in there, because the more men ((and Kathy))

that participate in this electronic think tank ,will result in more

wisdom for each of the participants. Let's have some fun whilewe get stronger

Jack 10-12-55---Scott 12-18-55,

As for the three jaw hydraulic chuck.

An immediate comment stating (this post requires a three jaw set up)

N15 G97 S1200 M03 (for this and any successive callouts)

N25 G50 S2000 (if the operator wants more then force him to edit)

N30 G96 S800 M03 (G96 callouts also requires M03)

As for the manual four jaw chuck.

An immediate comment stating (this post requires a four jaw set up)

N15 G97 S25 M03 (for this and any successive callouts)

N25 G50 S200 (I want the operator to determine his own safe practice)

N30 G96 S800 M03 (G96 callouts also requires M03)

As shown with the finish tool path only.

%

O0001 (TEST)

N5 G20

( TOOL - 2 OFFSET - 2 )

( LFINISH OD ROUGH RIGHT - 80 DEG. INSERT - CNMG-432 )

N10 G0 T0202

N15 G97 S3500 M03

N20 G0 G54 X.3403 Z.0616 M8

N25 G50 S3500

N30 G96 S800

N35 G99 G1 X.4817 Z-.0092 F.02

N40 X.9788 Z-.2577

N45 G3 X1. Z-.2833 R.0363

N50 G1 Z-1.56

N55 X1.4334

N60 G3 X1.4846 Z-1.5706 R.0363

N65 G1 X1.9817 Z-1.8192

N70 X2.1231 Z-1.7484

N75 M9

N80 M5

N85 G0 X10. Z10.

N90 M30

%

Again, this machine is an SL-30 with the standard control. The 3jaw is 10" dia and not 8" as previously stated. The post that we used is called Haas_Caxis - although there is none, for all intensive purposes I don't believe this would really matter; perhaps the Mplfan would be better suited? cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

Jack,

Hello my fellow Canadian, why not modify the post so it prompts a question to the programmer half way through post processing regarding the size or type of chuck being used. If he/she (programmer) inputs a certain size/type the post would limit the spindle RPM to a value low enough that it forces the operator to manually edit the "S" value in the program (in the case of the 4 jaw chuck). Keep the poetry coming, it's priceless.

Steve

James rides lightly, almost as if floating upon “Mori” his battered old-paint, so many others have challenged the unshaven, the silent, and the Un-forgiven; Clint Eastwood himself, was once invited to show up and cut it “Go ahead, make my – did you say Meyette?) And he quietly rode out of town – go figure.

James stops and glares at the corpse decorating Jayson’s saloon and internet café.

Is that Mitchell, he asks – no sir, no sir, Jayson reply’s as he motions to the smartly dressed man wearing the white overcoat as he lifts himself from the slimy, mud filled wagon rut.

James prances Mori over to Mitchell, he overshoots slightly – he speaks, So (spits & proceeds to speak while cleaning his teeth, spits again). So, you’re the candya$$ that wants the post, Mitchell starts to quiver, tears pouring from both eyes, the quiver progresses to an audible shake, down he goes again, face first into the mire – the whole damn town is watching this, James sneers, the crowd cowers and stands well back, observing what is anticipated to be the end of the blond haired, mud covered Mitchell – Mori drops a loaf right next to Mitchell’s head, the heat, the stench, Mitchell vomits then faints.

Mitchell comes around to with the hurried shaking of his leg from Kathy, the pretty saloon lady – get the heck out of here Mitchell, then runs for cover.

James slowly pulls back his overcoat, displaying both a bullwhip and a six shooter – the crowd again cowers, James tugs the reins and pulls off – he turns back to Mitchell (the theme from the good, bad and ugly starts to play) everybody looks confused, where is the music coming from? He looks at Mitchell and states it is right there in front of your face – say it Mitchell – say it loud, (Thank you Mr. James & thank you Mr. Mori), the townsfolk gasp as they now truly understood what this gunfight was really all about.

James rides lightly, almost as if floating upon “Mori” his battered old-paint, nobody mentioned the beanie prop – nobody dared. biggrin.gif Regards, Jack

There is no actual worth to this post, just trying to get the flames on the folder for Jack; I know he digs those!

Jack, you still hung over or what? Haven't heard from you today.

Hope your head isn't too thick my man, we need another hi-Jack-ed thread or two to make the day go by!

cheers.gif C

To continue Jack's entertaining story..

We see Miss Kitty (ah, I mean Miss Kathy) inside the saloon setting up a line of cold one's for all the thirsy participents. After all that, they really need some comfort. Especially Jack.

Cheers Jack

cheers.gif

Kathy

Talk about hijacking a thread? biggrin.gif

“(V10 Beta sausages “Hint of Maple” are shipping, for consideration, or, alternately, a picture of me kissing the very control panel of the aforementioned machine tool)”

I am dismayed that none of the proud Haas members did not jump all over this opportunity – you have had three full days; Your time has expired, shame – the opportunity of Mitchell kissing a Haas is going, going, gone forever; What were you guys thinking? confused.gif

Even though I haven’t worked a post since version 4, it did not really present much of a challenge – thank you Cnc Software for keeping Mastercam as user friendly as possible; speaking of friends, I am hardly amused with the foul treatment of late from the aforementioned machine tool users; but alas, who among us, would appreciate having someone call their baby ugly? smile.gif

You want a story, you want a story? – Its coming at you guys, so please buckle in. The western theme was merely a test – this story will be an example, this ones going to hurt! mad.gif

Any future mention of forum names will be slightly modified and purely coincidental, any implied similarities to actual manufacturers shall also be purely coincidental – I have no intention of harming anybody’s name/reputation/product favor.

Any characterization should also be viewed in the spirit of the book or movie that I am ripping as well (Please view a character, as you would recognize the individual, in the role that they have played).

If I overlook characterizing somebody, then please forgive me – I can only improvise what I witness or feel. It is virtually impossible to capture everybody so let’s have some fun and with it. If I overlook somebody, then I don’t want them to feel bad or ignored – hell, I can’t imagine anybody saying pick me, pick me, after I’m done with this sorry crowd - and yes, you are going to be REAL SORRY! smile.gif

Thank you goes to Cnc Software, our moderators, and our cherished forum members; My intent is not malicious, my intent is to make people smile – I will try to consider the feelings of others at all times. cheers.gif

Regards, Jack