Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Introducing Part Factory

Part Factory

Forum Members:

Approxiamitly a week ago a industry friend pointed me to this forum. He and I found some discussion in your group regarding the Mazak Integrex that sparked my interest and brought back memories of a journey with that machine.

Behind the business name Part Factory is myself, Bryan Johnsen. I admit that I am not a MasterCam user at the present time but may post inquires regarding its machining stratagy for new projects. The CAM system that I started with 10 years ago, CAMAX, recently died and can not be economically ressurected. Currently I use CamWorks but have not fallen in love with it. So the CAM search continues.

Part Factory is production machining in a garage. I love the comforts of home while making a living. I use a HAAS VF-2 with plenty of 4th axis work (poor man's horizontal). My programming style uses CAM generated profiles that are subroutined and nested into arrays and controlled by variables passed into the subs. This may sound tedious but actually saves time during development, maintance, and cycle time.

I enjoy the professional conduct of this forum. Also appreciate the side topics such as the Star Trek episode written by Jack Mitchell.

Need help with some Acronyms in this forum such as:

[*]O/T

[*]HTH

[*]CHOOK

Best Regards smile.gif

Part Factory

Nice to make your acquaintance. We'll have to talk more about your Mazak experience; I'll email you soon.

O/T - Off Topic

HTH - Hope that helps

Chook - I'm not savvy on what this actually means; the other guys wil help out

I think there is actually a discussion of these acronyms in an earlier thread; maybe someone can dig it up.

C

[ 01-29-2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Glad you're liking the forum. Please don't encourage Jack... Just kiddin'.

O/T - Off topic

HTH - Hope that helps

IMHO - In my humble opinion

LMAO - Laughing my a$$ off

j/k - just kidding

C-Hook - Not an acronym - A C/C++ add-on application for Mastercam - like a Visual Basic Script macro for Excel

Search for 'acronyms' and there may be some web links to entire pages/sites filled with these.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

O/T means Off Topic - The main topic here being Mastercam

HTH - Hope That Helps, or Hope This Helps

C-Hooks refer usually to customized .dll's that perform specified functions in mastercam. Similar to how VB Scripts are used. VB being much easier to learn and less costly as well as you do not need a C++ Compiler to run them.

HTH

Part Factory,

Thankyou for the mention. It's actually a Starfleet thread as opposed to a Star Trek thread. biggrin.gif

My garage toys include a VQC 15-40 M32 don't ya know. - I like to play hard! smile.gif

Seriously, there are a few integrex experts on this forum, not to mention some Mazatrol professionals as well - so fire away. wink.gif

Regards, Jack

I should clarify that the Integrex and the former business that owned it are deceased. I had a large amount of bitterness surrounding those affairs which is inappropriate to vent publically in this forum. Yet I will try to help members that are having difficulty with the machine/Mazatrol/EIA. I can also offer some super-macros that allow users to perform tilted B-Axis turning.

Thanks for the Welcome.

• 4 years later...