Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

v9.1 verify

Davidgil

Is there a way to set the verify back to the way it ran in v9.0? More specifically I am looking for a way to have verify not mess up the views I'm working in. I liked how in V9.0 the verify always started in a zoomed out isometric view, and after verify my working views were the way I started. I have also noticed the quality and stability of v9.1 verify is not nearly as good a v9.0. I've had portions of my graphics black out, and get other odd results. This has been present on multiple machines. Graphics card has latest drivers and is a NVIDIA Quadro 4 750 XGL.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks for the replys. Jammer, yes I know I can zoom out to ISO before starting verify. The problem is that this also zooms out my working views to an ISO. I liked in V9.0 how I didn't have to do any pre zooming and rotating, and then rotate and zoom back after verify. I can work with the current V9.1 way, however in my opinion and those I have talked with here, we liked the V9.0 verify, except for the new function that lets us remove all the chips at the same time (this is cool). Thanks again,

Dave

Please give it some time you will see this to be a useful tool.

Like any thing else it is some thing new.

I have found and test the speed of the new Verify and found that new one is faster at cutting.

Also so you know when you remove the chips that you can go back and delete the tool to.

JM2C

Hi all! I have also noticed that the quality or resolution is not as good on 9.1. I am getting what looks like color bleed through or something. I verify in true solid, and I get blue flickerings all through while it verifies. When I zoom in, it does not look as sharp or clear as it did in 9.0. The cpu is a Pentium 4 1.7 gig. GForce2 card. Windows 2000. I did not have this problem before.

The good thing is it is faster and so far I haven't had it to crash. It has some nice features. Is copied tool paths suppose to show up different colors for each tool? I have checked the box for each tool path to be a different color. The original tool paths are different colors, but all the copied ones are the same. Can this be a video problem? I will try to do one in 9.0 to see if it does the same thing.

Thanks stephen.

[ 04-22-2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: ssaults ]

I see some display distortion when returning from verify (nothing a re-paint doesnt fix). If I restart the verify I do get 2 black vertical lines through the display havent played enough to see if this is consistant on different models or played with video settings yet... pretty minor stuff.

I like the chip removal especially for Wire EDM biggrin.gif

I have not noticed much speed improvment, I am having a hard time getting used to the views changing when exiting verify, I do not like it when verify loads the last stl file that was used when I am working on a different job, and I think the new verify is a lot pickier on the stl files.

I hope the verify gets more stability improvements also.

My biggest problem with V9.1 verify is its display

of STL files. Files that opened perfectly in V9 and V9.1 beta, now return an error that says they are not watertight.

I just did a mill/turn part that I could not verify at all in V9.1. The STL file was an unuseable blob.

I have had some luck creating STL files in SolidWorks, but many of my stl files created by saving verify sessions are now useless.

I hope this is an issue that can be corrected.

Right now, 3 out of 4 parts I program can't

be run through V9.1 verify

In my opinion V9.1 verify is a step backwards.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

So far so good for me.

I Made an STL of a Raw Tombstone, then programmed all the holes, etc... Verified perfectly. Was a little slow in the Threadmill though.

I have noticed the same problem in verify when returning to my diplay screen and it very annoying.

I have also noticed that while in verify mode, as I track my cursor over the solid, my construction wireframe gets highlighted automatically. Anyone else notice this?

On the up side, now pan, rotate and zoom work for me!

GCode - I also concur that the STL creation for a mill/turn path is not as nice as it should be. I have a 16MB STL file that was created in Lathe91 tru solid verify (took about 1/2 to verify one rotary axis substiution tool path). On trying to overlay for an analysis, the amount of time for open/import is thru the roof. I gave up waiting for one of this size. On a smaller file, after improt into Mill91, is not the stl file to be shaded?

I get the same "not watertight" errors when trying

to get an STL file in Verify and wonder if it's because I don't have Mastercam Solids? If I import a Parasolid body into Mastercam as trimmed surfaces and convert it to STL, shouldn't these trimmed surfaces be adequately closed ? But if I open a Mastercam part that contains a solid body, like the gearbox in the Mill Tutorial and convert it to STL, Verify will read this stl file easily. Hmmmm. . .

Jim

I did a milll/turn job today that did not require an STL file. Verify generated a solid stock model from the lathe stock boundry. In this case verify did a really good job. If they could fix things so it wasn't so picky about STL files I'd be

very happy with the new Verify.

All in all I like the new verify but it has some problems.I to have experienced the water tight problem and I have aslo had while using WCS in true solids it will give me A 3-D error.But it does work with solid tool.This is a big problem when you are thring to do something fast.

The lighting is another problem. On mine if WCS is on top view the solid in verify is very dark green on top and hard to see. If you go to WCS on the bottom view with toolpaths it is light green like the light is coming up from underneath

(from the bottom). The light botton on the tool bar does not work.