Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Computers SolidBox Team Mastercam

SolidBox Team Mastercam is a Certified Partner with CNC Software. This site is good for a guide line on hardware if you are looking to build or buy somewhere else, or of course you can order a system with 3 year warranty direct from them.

Below is a little about SolidBox.

WHAT IS SOLIDBOX -TEAM MASTERCAM?

SolidBox - Team Mastercam is a turnkey hardware integrator for Mastercam end users. We sell servers, desktops, and laptops that are configured specifically for Mastercam. Our systems arrive with Mastercam software pre-installed.

WHO IS SOLIDBOX - TEAM MASTERCAM?

With the great success of SolidBox for SolidWorks Chris has acquired a team dedicated to provide the best computers for the CAM industry. Mike DeButts is an active Applications Engineer for one of the top Mastercam resellers in the world. Mike has had experience with all of the headaches dealing with computers crashing, slow performance, and computer aggravations.

One of the most asked questions from Mastercam users is; what kind of computer do I need to run Mastercam? Mastercam’s website offers the minimum requirements. But let’s be honest, the customer needs something that will run stable and strong without falling short of the different levels of usage. Team Mastercam has benchmarked computers catered for all levels of Mastercam users.

VISIT THEIR WEBSITE www.mysolidbox.com/mastercam

This is not SPAM I truly hate to see people use SLOW out dated computers. This is simply another resource on the forum...

• Like 3
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Spend 9000.00 on a killer PC and still send programs thru serial...... :lol::blink::lol:

Sorry,,, couldn't resist.... :p

ROFLMAO!!!!!

That is funny.

• 4 months later...

I'm using a Solidbox built computer that was recently connected to the our network at my work. It ran great, and I could never get Mastercam to crash(not that I was trying) with some decently complex two sided 5-axis trunion parts, but now I have problems with verify and big tool paths using up the memory real fast and I get fatal errors, or mastercam crashes and shuts down. I have the exact same setting files as two other computers that don't have this problem with the same part. Is this a solidbox problem not liking runing on networks, or a mastercam problem? I'm programming the part saved locally to my computer.

Dell Precision T3500

Quad Core Xeon w/ [email protected] Quadro 2000

Windows 7 x64Pro / 6.0GB RAM

X5 MU1, Mill L3

Solid Box Cobalt Level 1

Try cleaning out Mastercam's temp folder

and while you're at it, move it out of your user folders and put it in the root of C

Sometimes Windows permissions issues can cause problems

I route all my temp and backup files to C:\X6_Bak

If you don't know where your temp folder is, look in

System Confing/Files

also try reloading your machine defition .

Occasionally they will get corrupted and cause the symptoms you are experiencing.

Another experiment..

close Mastercam

move your config file out of the config folder and restart mastercam

Mastercam will generate a new default config file..

If this solves the problem, there is something wrong with your config file

• 6 months later...

There is a switch the config, if you've left it as defaulted, it uses the Windows temp directory

C:\USERS\<your user name>\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\MASTERCAM X6\

You may need to set it to show "Hidden Folders" if you don't have it checked.

Open a folder, any folder, hit ALT+T and click on Folder options, pick the view tab, the click the "Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives" option