Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TOOL LIBRARY EDITOR

sgarner

My suggestion is to get the ToolLibmaker.zip file from our ftpserver.

Inside the excelfile there is a inputsheet to write in your toolsuppliers or your personal tooldata and cutdata. There is outputsheets as well. Its for saveing the textfile you import to Mastercam that become your new toolibrary.

Example: You have mm drills from dia 1 to dia 13 in step of 0.1. that is 130 drilltools, Personal I use six different materials. 130tools x 6 materials is 780 tools individually calculated and separated in 6 libs. 780 tools done in 15 minutes. Then you have the other tooltypes to do the same with.

Lets say one of the new libfiles need some adjustments after a tryout. Open the excel again and make that adjustments, save txt, import to MC and try again. 130 tools massedited in 5 min.

I think its nice to know that all drill length is right when FBMdrill pic a drill from your 130 drill library.

Copy around tools to a favorit mixed toollibrary is easyest done in Mastercam.

Help.txt inside the file.

Another suggestion for you to "massedit" is to use a material in Mastercam. Make changes at one place in the material and let MC recalculate the tools. The tools above support that.

/Frostfritt

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
On 9/25/2013 at 10:22 AM, pooldoc58 said:

where do you get the ToolLibmaker.zip from

many thanks

a google result found this "ftp://mastercam-cadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/Tools/ToolLibmaker.zip login: mastercam sn: swiss"

but the FTP didn't work for me and on top of that it looks like something that this specific former user had created so it may not even exist anymore and it looks like it was only for some pretty old versions being x5 and x6. good luck with the search

59 minutes ago, JoshC said:

a google result found this "ftp://mastercam-cadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/Tools/ToolLibmaker.zip login: mastercam sn: swiss"

but the FTP didn't work for me and on top of that it looks like something that this specific former user had created so it may not even exist anymore and it looks like it was only for some pretty old versions being x5 and x6. good luck with the search

i sent a PM to the owner of the website and he turned the FTP back on for a few days (thank Jayson!), so use this link and get it while its hot ftp://mastercam-cadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/Tools/ToolLibmaker.zip

login: mastercam sn: swiss

ill try to get a copy downloaded when i get back to work tomorrow and can host the file somewhere as well if needed

Edit: oops just noticed i answered this question on the wrong forum posting...

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Rstewart said:

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm not seeing where I can "export as txt" option in the stand-alone manger or the tool manager inside MC 2021.  

I would like to be able to modify my tool lib with a txt editor.

I think you need X9 or prior for that function unfortunately. 

• Like 2