Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiple solids in verify

GoetzInd

Does anyone know if there is any work going on to allow multiple solids to be picked in verify? EG stock, vices, tombstone etc. Am I the only one that thinks this would be helpful? Right now I boolen solid together, but sometimes it doesnt work as well as ID like.

Thanks,

Mike

Does anyone know if there is any work going on to allow multiple solids to be picked in verify? EG stock, vices, tombstone etc. Am I the only one that thinks this would be helpful? Right now I boolen solid together, but sometimes it doesnt work as well as ID like.

Thanks,

Mike

Your not the only one that thinks this would be helpful. I used gibbscam for years and could easily do this.

"Does anyone know if there is any work going on to allow multiple solids to be picked in verify? EG stock, vices, tombstone etc. Am I the only one that thinks this would be helpful? Right now I boolen solid together, but sometimes it doesnt work as well as ID like."

Same here. I used Esprit 2001 and at that time it had this feature. You could create multiple solids, set different colors them, layer them, etc., and import it all into verify. Very usefull tool.

Yet it seems MasterCam has no interest in taking it's onboard varify to that level.

I haven't tried the verisurf tool yet. It takes a bit to set up properly.

Maybe that will get you what you need.

Here's the easiest way I've found, because I often verify on assemblies that have a buttload of components.

-Join the parts in Solidworks. (In assembly mode: Insert>new component. Exit sketch. Insert>Features>Join. Select all your parts.)

-Save solid as an XT using the same reference coordinate system I used to bring the entire assembly into Mastercam the first time around.

-Open a new level in my MCX file.

-File>Merge>XT>Options>Solids, no edge curves

-Verify>Options>Solid>Select the monstrosity you just merged.

Done.

This method is foolproof, and you don't have any issues with trying to save solids as STLs. Of course, this doesn't help if you don't have Solidworks though. :p