Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath Allocation exceeded

dgriffiths

Confirmed. In X5 I selected a closed chain to represent my chuck jaws on the stock setup page. I then did a rough toolpath across the od of the part and got a collision alarm as expected. I did the same thing in X6 and got the toolpath allocation alarm, OK'd through it and did not get a collision alarm when roughing. Went back to stock setup and it says jaws not defined.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I've encountered this problem too.

Its a catch 22. I want to used the new Part Pickoff/Barpull function. To do so, you need to have the post set up. No problem I thought, I will set the post up. Then, to use the function, you need to have the stock and chuck jaws defined. Fine again, I will do that.

However, if I try to define the chuck jaws I get the "Toolpath Allocation Exceeded".

Ugh. For me, right now, the Part Pickoff/Barpull utility is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle :(

• 1 year later...

I had the same issue. read all the posts here, none of them gave me real help. Then I figure it out myself. the reason you get the message is you chained splines instead of lines and/or arcs. when you chain spline, you will have a input box called "linearization tolerance". Usually you do not see it if you chain lines and/or arc.

I asked a question why bring up a 2 year old thread sorry just see this a lot and what was the specific type of tool path they are seeing this? Where did he see this fix help? What was the file size he was seeing this in. What are his computer spec's? I see limited information and not true way to see where it applies to helping someone who was dealing with a specific allocation error. Sorry if I think all of that is important if you are going to bring up 2 year old thread. Seems I am upsetting more than I help.