Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T new machining forum

Elad

Hi, smile.gif

I am thinking about opening a new users forum for all machining and for everyone in the industry.

I already have the forum engine and it has some really cool features like adding as many photos as you want to a post, and i added a new feature that pepole will be able to add a fast drawing to their topic.(like a built in paint board).

so what i'm asking is do you think i should?i don't really know about nice fast and friendly forums that you can post any message with no limit photos and drawings.

If you guys think it will help us,i will bring the forum online in a week.everything will be free there.i already have my server connected.

I already have a forum but it's in hebrew.you can go look at it at : www.forumim.co.il

What do you think??

Thanks, smile.gif

[ 07-08-2003, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: elad ]

Will it be moderated ?

If not it will sure turn to what now alt.machines.cnc is : non-stoping flame wars,spam and ~100 oftopic ,turning it completly to the waste of time and I don`t think you want to have problems with guys like CNC Software or Cimatron about cracks advertising and distributing ,post getting and so - that some fools will flood you forum with !

The more options you will give to users to do in forum so more easily it would be possible to hack so you must think twice about security !

For me I really don`t know : I saw a lot of forums ,was in some of them but never saw of such a quality like ours !

Iskander teh dedicated to Mastercam forum.

Yes!

It will be moderated!

I will not allow any spam or cracks in my site.

By the way, most of this forums you are talking about are using free server and are very unstable and you don't even know who is the owner.

I am not a pirate!and i offer this option only becouse i love what i do.

Alex,have a look at my Israeli forum.it is not the same.and in my Israli forum there are games and movies and music forums,and still,i do not allow ay warez there and i block every user that tries to that.

But what you guys will decide,that's what i'll do.after all i'm doing it for our friends here.

Why Jay's ftp is availble for us??becouse he would like to help the friends here.and that is what i offer.no more and no less. smile.gif

Sounds like a fun project Elad, However I would caution you to be VERY CAREFUL with inline pictures. We've been lucky here in this forum that people are quite responsible with not posting anything Not Safe For Work. so, be careful with that.

And,

quote:

I already have a forum but it's in hebrew.you can go look at it at :

What do you think??

I think i cant read Hebrew cheers.gif

-Keith

Thanks smile.gif

I will allow viewing and posting only to registred users.as for the photos,the administrator options of the forum allows me to control the uploads and to modify,delete,block whatever i want.

In this forum each user will have a private mailbox (for messages but not files).

More details on the forum engine you'll find at :

www.dcscripts.com (dc forum).

Elad,

How come the encoding doesnt work (this type of stuff is over my head-Although I will probably experiment with it pretty soon)Will

it be in English?

Also what ever became of a live chat room?I know alot of guys shot it down but some are interested.

You can install a chat module with phpbb. With the advents of knowing who is on line when and which forums they are in it is the closest thing to real time chat even without the chat box mod (which I reviewed and didn't install on mine).

Man the software rocks I tell ya and it is free. All the mods are free also, but do require basic html editing skills and ftp savy.

I can do picture file uploads, users can assign their own custom ranks, avatar uploads, private messaging, hidden invitation only forums,hell I even got a freakin arcade.

plasttav,

quote:

For me I really don`t know : I saw a lot of forums ,was in some of them but never saw of such a quality like ours !

Well said my good friend. smile.gif

elad,

Best of luck with your new project - yes I will join and yes you will recognize my involvement albeit limited. Your presence here has been missed in the last three months or so - please return a little more often.

I cannot help but wonder if you are going through a translation software looking up the word albeit? biggrin.gif (this is meant in a kind manner as I'm sure elad realizes this.)

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 07-12-2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

I used to work with phpbb, but i still think that dcforum is a better one. (when you pay you get better.phpbb is free and dc is not!)

Dcforum is also an open source that can be modified for your needs,based on php technology.

As for chat room,there are so many free engines that i can download.

the translation in dc forum takes some time.there is a lengugh folder and i just have to edit every file and change from english to hebrew. smile.gif

I will check out the dc software. So far I consider invision board the best out of the box free software and I don't see enough difference between the free ones to warrent paying for vbull or ubb at all. I have become extremely handy at tweaking phpbb thats why I like it. There is yabb and ezboard also, both I find cheezy.