Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Config changed

Thoob

Hi, I cam in this morning to open Mastercam and my config has changed. My colors are different and my grid is gone. I am not sure what other settings have been changed. The question I have is what would have changed this how can I get it back? I don't want to have to change every setting back individually.

Hi, I cam in this morning to open Mastercam and my config has changed. My colors are different and my grid is gone. I am not sure what other settings have been changed. The question I have is what would have changed this how can I get it back? I don't want to have to change every setting back individually.

Same thing happened to a few of us here awhile back. We never did figure out what happened, but it drove us crazy.

I get this almost daily. I cannot launch Mastercam from the desktop without getting this error, so I have to go to the start menu and single click on the application to launch it. I'd say it is about 50/50 whether I get the error or not. I have had to make a back-up copy of my config in another folder, so when this happens, I just copy and paste my config file back into the proper directory and then restart Mastercam. Yes, it is a pain in the xxxx, but it is the only way that I can get things to work.

Carmen

Yup, moving the icon to the quick launch bar can minimize this issue HUGELY.

It only takes one click on the quick start bar.

But still have to be careful not to start 2 sessions "immediately" upon another.

Ive found that if you wait it out rather than just clicking the ok on the error, once things calm, without clicking ok or closing anything down, start yet ANOTHER mastercam session you will notice that your config is still in tact. Then click ok on the error and close any other open sessions. Ive done this several times and have not lost my config. I would be interested to hear of this works for anyone else.

I usually go in and save the config just in case but I am not sure that this is necessary.

I am sure that as anyone else that has run in to this issue, I keep a backup of my config.

I just had a thought.... would MCAM get the xxxxs if I change the config file to be read only? that way it can be read to load, but couldn't be randomly changed.... has anyone ever tried this? I work with a guy who complains to me just about every day that something in his config file has changed, or he makes a change and it doesn't stick 2 days later... it never happens to me, so I've always put it down to he plays with it too much (snicker!)...

Maybe I'll try it, whats the worst thing that can happen.....

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday before I left I was opening up my machine def/control def quite a few times trying to find a solution to some other post.

Today I fired up X6 from my desktop (open not double click) and my config had changed.

I reset my config to how I like it and saved it as bill.config. Closed X6 and tried double triple and quadruple clicking and could not get it to reset to default.

Prior to this morning though I had noticed every time I opened X6 it was prompting me for a toolpath group name before it would fully load. Started doing that about a week ago. What could I have done to get that, so I know what to look for if it happens again.

Thanks