Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to do this

Rakesh

If any body can tell me how I can tilt some arc from its one end. I have a some arc drawn on top view and now I have to tilt this arc from their one edge 23 deg upward so ball tool will dig in one end and going up along the curve. I could not figure out what plane i should be taking to rotate the curve. Please let me know If you understand what I mean and if you can help me.

Thanks in advance

I am not sure but it sounds like an arc drawn in the top plane with one end anchored at the origin. Then switch plane to front and gview as well, select arc and rotate to the desired angle.

A picture would be worth a 1000 words if you have one as I am not sure what you need.

If you are looking for a helix then use create helix function instead.

I just want to clear more so I can make it more understandable. I drawn an arc of 2." dia in top view. Arc start at 0. deg and end at 20 deg. I want to anchor the end of the arc which at 0 deg and tilt the arc upward, means other end goes to more positive Z value. I should get the toolpath which should follow the same path as the arc is not tilted in x-y with z value changing.

I just want to clear more so I can make it more understandable. I drawn an arc of 2." dia in top view. Arc start at 0. deg and end at 20 deg. I want to anchor the end of the arc which at 0 deg and tilt the arc upward, means other end goes to more positive Z value. I should get the toolpath which should follow the same path as the arc is not tilted in x-y with z value changing.

Right const plane and rotate +(pos) direction with center at orig.

Attached a file for you also

PEACE :D