Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam won't let user exit

Go into a toolpath's geo (thru the operations manager), right click in the window, select "rechain all", then try & create a line or something, that error will pop up (rightfully so).

I have only got this error when it was my own fault, & I am always able to get out by just hitting ESC a number of times.

I believe there are many ways to get caught in that error (not just rechaining toolpath geo).

I see this 3 or 4 times a year in the class room. A student will get this alarm but escape has not worked for me. I have always had to do ctrl-alt-del and re-start mcam. I have not been able to reproduce the problem on my own. I don't know what sequence of key strokes make it happen. It has usually happened here on the first day of a class when someone is not very familiar with Mastercam. I think they are in the middle of some command and don't know they are, then they initiate another commmand, and another, and another, etc.

I get that occasionally. Sometimes when I'm selecting geometry from the operations manager to find the toolpath. I have to control-alt-del to get out of it. I brought this up a month or two ago and nobody could find the solution. The task window is disappearing somewhere but minimizing all windows doesn't bring it out. I've learned to make sure and save my work often when doing certain functions.

• 1 month later...

I'm still running X5 and I had the same thing happen to me a couple of days ago. Only with me it was when I went to renumber the tools with Edit Selected Operations and then tried regen the toolpaths and it locked up.

ctrl+alt+del was my only way out. I had saved before attemping this, as I've gotten in the habbit of doing before running anything that might cause MC to blow up.

I've gotten this after importing ops, as sometimes the import window gets lost off screen or sent

to the back or something. I haven't found any way to recover other than killing the process and restarting.

This has happened to me as well. Sometimes I get lucky and I can just barely reach the dialog box out on the corner of my left screen.

BTW I have had this happen to me with single and dual monitors in multiple versions.