Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam's tru COST $$$$

RandleXX

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a reply to RandleXX !

+1 to all that thinks he is a troll!

This is for others who are considering about Mastercam .

Mastercam is costly !

That`s true .

But let`s have a look on others .

Living here in israel were Cimatron is dominant I will compare costs with them.

Cimatron is cheaper here !

You pay a cash for Mastercam programs and posts , good cash ,right ?

Yes.

But you don`t pay the annual fee for supporting wich is a good one too (which you must pay all the time)!

And for most of convertors that are free in Mastercam !

And for only possibility to change post!

Cimatron post is a compiled one, you must have a code for compiler !

And ...

And ...

And if you make a ballance Mastercam is cheaper !

Not mentioning about the program quality !

And they don`t have such a Forum and will never have , they are afraid of criticism !

So what is a cheap program ?

A trap!

The free cheese is only in the mousetrap !

PLZ show me any 5 axes good post free of charge for any Cad-Cam ?

And BTW the real cost of the software in business is hard to compare with machines,tools,tooling,and all the miscellaneous things like 4/5 axes , vices,measuring tools and so on !

This wonders me much why bosses are making so much rush about it buying the same time many not so needed things without a word !

quote:

Post processor policies are set by the local dealer, and thus varies between territories.

I must be one of the lucky ones as we have never had to pay for a post or a post mod.I have had nothing but great service from our reseller as far as posts go. When you consider how much you pay for the software and upgrades I think that you should get a reasonable amount of support included. We have some older dekel machines with very quirky controls and our reseller tweaked the posts just the way I like them.Just my 2 cents.

cheers.gif Noel

I'm with Brendan, cut Tazzer a little slack.

He has acquitted himself well so far on the forum and by his own admission is not out here yet in the professional community.

As far as the other clown; flame away.

On the subject of post processors, this topic has been thrashed out here on the forum ad nauseum (sp?) but I'll just say that:

1) It is absolutely essential to be able to do relatively simple post mods yourself (just dive in and start screwing around)

2) Reseller support is key. I'm very happy that we have a very knowledgeable and supportive reseller; I feel sorry that some of you guys don't. Any of you who aren't getting the post support you need, feel confident that you can post specific questions on this forum for help; just don't preface your statement with "since my reseller isn't doing sh!t, I need some help" as this is not the spirit of this board.

Keep posting Tazzer, the storm has nearly blown over

C

[ 07-15-2003, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

quote:

After you buy the Software you must also buy:

File converters

education

1 - Matercam comes with the most FREE generic posts I've seen of any other CAM software, most of which with a little using the noggin can be modified by yourself to do exactly what you want it to do (yeah I know using your brain is tough isn't it?). Have you looked at any other CAM systems and seen the *&$^!@ up *&$^ they shovel out at you AHAhaHAHa.

2 - There isn't any professional CAD software that doesn't export an igs file or one of the other free converters that are included in MC

3 - education...ahAHHAahaa you want software that a monkey can run do you?..but then where would you be if they could hire a monkey?

AHahaHAhAHaAH Zero teh pointing at RandleXX and laughing

PS... I hear that bobcad is experimenting with the monkeys now...

quote:

We have some older dekel machines

We are in the same boat. Our dealer custum wrote the entire post for us when we purchased MC years ago. I have wanted many changes over the years, and have never once had an issue with getting it done.

BTW Randlexxx, generally people that dont act like xxxx, get help. rolleyes.gif

Corey daddy teh-never kick a gift horse in the

mouth-in other words dont be burnin bridges, as far as mastercam support goes does it get any better than this-And I never paid a dime for it!!

[ 07-15-2003, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: mold100 ]

I still have every intention of owning my own small tool shop in the future and have no plans for shopping for other software thats gotta say something considering I have used quite a few on the market both cheaper and more expensive.But it wouldnt be (isnt) the same without MC.

quote:

I think I have just met the firing line. I also would like to thank Rekd for not taking the final blow.

Oooh and sure why not I would love to write everyones Post Processors for free. Now if it runs correctly that is your problem.

Haas VF post processors I have? Charge the crap out of them those picky xxxx.

You don't have rent, insurance, car payment, a family to feed, etc. right? Nope I don't have a single bill I put all my money into my education well I guess I do have a bill. It is a damn conspiracy.

Charity maybe that is wrong with me, I do too much charity work, someone needs to slap me.

"Stupidity that good takes teamwork" No I just believe that there is a Me, Myself, and I in Teamwork.

Thanks guys and sorry for the rambling, I love debating wierd things like this.

It looks like many of the 'rebuttles' he made were made as if he was defending himself, not someone else. Thus RandalXX = Tazzer

I may be wrong, but it sure seems to me that they're the same. And since I can't do a trace on their IP's I cant verify it.

Even if he's not RandalXX, it sure seems as though they harbor the same mis-conceptions about business in general and Mastercam in particular.

'Rekd teh He who lives by the sword dies by those that don't

WOW what is the true cost?

Our reseller has ALWAYS supplied us with the best help, and or pointed us in the right direction. We have had several mods, and help in making mods to our posts. He has always helped us with learning updates and upgrades for FREE. This is WAY less than any other software that we use. As far as I'm concerned MASTERCAM Rocks and the help and support that I have recieved from everyone is awsome.

I feel that if someone has taken the TIME and EXPENCE to develope a C-Hook, Post or some other Mod. That it should be their right for some reimbursment for the use of the item.

Glenn

P.S. When was the last time that I called Mastercam for help and was asked for some form of payment to talk to a tech? NEVER, NEVER

I can't even do that with a computer game that won't install/run.

Sorry for ramblin, Just seems like everone wants everything for nothin theese days.

Thanks for clearing that up, Bullines. You've set me on the right track once again.

Now, I will extend a somewhat reserved apology to Tazzer for making that assumption, and then ask him if he just made that post for the sake of a reaction, or if he really feels that way..

'Rekd teh I sit corrected

Wow, what a night for a great homerun derby then finally a good night sleep and now I have morphing power.

Naw it is OK I thought about a lot of what I said and I can see where everyone is coming from, and I can admit I was wrong with some of my comments that I made I must apoligize as well. When I comment I comment on my present situation without thinking of other people, other situation, and the world as a whole. I by no means have any problems with CNC Softwares policies, my reseller or anyone here. To be honest everyone is a great group of people that understand this industry better then I do right now. I should sit back and understand what you guys are saying because you are out there doing this everyday and know what you are talking about.

Again I apolize to anyone I may have offended, it was not my attention to do so. I just need to think a little longer and see the whole picture before commenting on a situation like this. Again thanks for all the knowledge I have gotten from everyone here I really appreciate it.

I learn every day, fool.

And if ignorance is bliss, then stupidity is painful, and you should be rolling around on the floor right about now...

Tazzer, I'm glad you're not this idiot.

'Rekd teh Randal saz "Would you like fries with that?"

cheers.gif

I am a CAD/CAM student and will always be.

It sounds like a few of you have stopped learning.

Everyone in here are CAD/CAM students in one way or another or they wouln't be here.Some of us just have real world sperience.

cheers.gif Noel

[ 07-15-2003, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Noel Sevigny ]

quote:

I still have every intention of owning my own small tool shop in the future and have no plans for shopping for other software thats gotta say something considering I have used quite a few on the market both cheaper and more expensive.But it wouldnt be (isnt) the same without MC.

Right on Mold, Thats what i'm trying to accomplish

and software was never an issue.

PEACE biggrin.gif