Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6 MU1 Beta?

peon

If I copy an operation and then add a new tool to that operation

This is my standard way to process holes

spot drill

copy op

drill

copy op

tap , ream bore whatever

I do this hundreds of times a week and never see the H0 D0 problem

I don't know why I don't get bit, but I'm not complaining

This is my standard way to process holes

spot drill

copy op

drill

copy op

tap , ream bore whatever

I do this hundreds of times a week and never see the H0 D0 problem

I don't know why I don't get bit, but I'm not complaining

that is exactly how it happened to me yesterday. I was copying operations for holes. spot, drill, ream.

Maybe it has something to do with he way that the machine def is set up? Do you have "add to tool" selected in your machine def or do you just use "from tool"?

NEROSIS, I export those 3 ops in to a folder called X6OPS and name in .250reamset

and import them when I need them and the problem

with H and D 0's went away.

Make sure you have 'lock feed rates' checked in your config when importing the ops.

When i copy paths from group to group I make sure that 'lock feed rates' is not checked,

because I believe it messes up more then just the feed rates.

I have about 5 different sets of tools for certain 'commonly' reamed holes for Ejection pins and

do the same for all.

It has eliminated the H and D 0's for me.

I pre fer the faster copy method but changing the h and d values take longer

so importing tools is the faster more reliable method at this point......Bring it on MU1!

Ironically, Mick, your post was the 1st derogatory one after Chris made his statement. :eyetwak: :vava: LOL

Not so much derogatory, but observatory Rickster. And I used the cute lil' smiley face emoticon to insinuate sarcasm/jest as per the usual standard :lol::thumbup::thumbsup:

NEROSIS, I export those 3 ops in to a folder called X6OPS and name in .250reamset

and import them when I need them and the problem

with H and D 0's went away.

Make sure you have 'lock feed rates' checked in your config when importing the ops.

When i copy paths from group to group I make sure that 'lock feed rates' is not checked,

because I believe it messes up more then just the feed rates.

I have about 5 different sets of tools for certain 'commonly' reamed holes for Ejection pins and

do the same for all.

It has eliminated the H and D 0's for me.

I pre fer the faster copy method but changing the h and d values take longer

so importing tools is the faster more reliable method at this point......Bring it on MU1!

The copy method saves a lot of time, the way I get rid of any renumbering issues is by clicking on the new tool for the copied OP. You already have to go into the parameters to update for the new OP anyway, might aswell click on the tool so that the numbers update; I also have lock feed rates and all my libraries are preconfigured with feeds and speeds so even if clicking messes them up I can right click to reaload the parameters from the library and Voila ! off and running.

my control defs are set up with "add to tool"

I just noticed that if I change my machine def to "from tool" I can reproduce this error at will. Maybe this is a start to finding a solution.

It not only creates 0 H and D offsets, some times it uses the H and D from the tool number listed in the library regardless of what the tool was renumbered to in the part file.