Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Horizontal Programmers needed - Livermore CA

kenfromlodi

Well we are looking for good people if you ever want to check us out.

I know you have a lot of choices over there and this it would be a drive for you.

I keep hoping we will pick up a some guys who are commuting from the central valley over the altimont pass to the east bay. With gas thru the roof, we are half the drive time and we pay very, you'd think we could attract some talent.

Most times tho if you're any good you are already working and they will try to keep you if you quit.

Lately guys will come for an interview, accept the job, go back to give notice and then get offered more to stay.

Very frustrating.

"Most times tho if you're any good you are already working and they will try to keep you if you quit.

Lately guys will come for an interview, accept the job, go back to give notice and then get offered more to stay.

Very frustrating".

That just happened to us once from our Jan. add and then we re ran it a month later to try again

And it happened again !?!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Talent is certainly at a premium these days. I've got several customers that have been looking for the better part of 6 months... these are 6 figure jobs... Like Ken said, they interview, give notice to the old company and then the company give them healthy raises to stay.

It's BRUTAL and it's onyl going to get worse in the next 5-10 years.

I need a raise... Don't want to move tho and I think the boss man knows me well enough to take advantage of that... I am pretty certain he would call my bluff if I put another offer on the table.

HArrumph

Good luck in your search. If a friend of mine lands back home (for him) in the valley I would definitely consider moving out that way.

Husker

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
Lol...glad I went into this trade! Future looks bright for those of us that can do!

... and those that can't... blog about those that can.

:whistle:

:D

It's great to validate what I am hearing on my end. The cream does rise to the top and is hard to pull away. I have a dream job at a dream machinist workplace and we can not buy a vowel when it comes to hiring. At the local machinist tech colledge gets everyone hired after six months. Yes these are hi 5 figure maybe 6. What I see is the same an older guy tired of where he is at due to no advancement and then he stays cause they gave him a one time bump.

I find this all rather odd. I keep seeing all these posts for programmer positions down there in the USA, and by the sounds of it, the pay is extremely good for a skilled programmer.

However, up here in Ontario Canada, the pay for programmers is pretty much crap at most places. I can't tell you how many times a headhunter has called me and asked me if I was interested in a position that pays between $18-$20 an hour. Thats not just insulting, but it is downright impossible to provide for your family on that kind of pay.

What the heck is the deal here? Maybe I should move down to the States, because clearly we are getting screwed up here.