Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam needs POST development sotware.

RandleXX

Tek Soft has a program they call

Universal Post Generator or UPG for short.

Its a pretty good program and something like it

would be a good addition to the Mastercam arsenal.

I don't think some like that is practical for 5x

stuff but UPG workes very well for lathe and mill

3X and 4X.

There is one.

Go to Start Menu, Accessories, then Notepad. biggrin.gif

To be honest, I seriously doubt that a post GUI would be practical for anything but the most basic changes. There's SOOO much going on with those posts, it would take an act of God to appropriate the time that would be needed to do such a thing and have it actually be worth a crap.

I've used the SmurfCant one before, and while it made basic changes, it seriously lacked operability and functionality.

'Rekd teh Why am I even talking to this idiot??

[ 07-17-2003, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Once again RandleXX shows his true knowledge of the Mastercam product line.

There IS something available from CAMAIX caled MultiX Post. I've not used it but I've seen it and it is a GUI Post Builder. You are required to know a little something about your machine tool though to use it. It's not free so contact your reseller about it if you're interested.

CAMAIX's Website

HTH

quote:

You are required to know a little something about your machine tool though to use it.

Now, now, James... Don't you think you're asking just a little bit too much here..?

j/k (NOT!)

I didn't even know about that post GUI, James. But then, I have never needed it. If I needed something changed in my post, I was just so F*&^%$# happy that CNC actually ALLOWED you to do the edits, I just lernt to do it meh self! biggrin.gif

Once again, cheers.gif to the fine folks at CNC Software,

and ..|.. -=[O-O]=- ..|.. to the trolls!

'Rekd teh meh ascii art sux0rs

In a lot of ways with these I think you have to trade ease of editing for power and flexibility.

The new posts have many "switches" in them that toogle major changes in the code.

Most other mods are basically simple things (if you know what you are doing) to the start, toolchange, and end blocks.

In my experience, good posts have always taken skill to produce; just like good parts. There is no royal road to perfect code.

My last job we had Catia 4.whatever and purchased the intercim post product. With that you actually posted APT through the intercim product. The intercim GUI was very powerful and allowed for creating 5 Axis posts that worked in an hour or so. Of dourse the follow up tweaking goes on for ever. Some things however that were not accomodated by the GUI required "Fil" files which were scripts or macros. These were of similar complexity to .pst's. For example if you wanted to lock an axis or something. The product was 8 or 10 grand with about 1 grand maintence so you have to weigh that against the cost of hiring a post pro or coding your own.

RambleXX

I have read all your posts (postings ?) and I have answered you on one of them. You seam to be a bit new and a bit negative to the Mastercam product. Usually this wears off as men learn the necessary skills to complete there tasks. But you are going from 1 problem to another without much of a resolve or a "thank you". You have been asking for free stuff, while you complain about the free stuff your already getting.

Any Forum members know this person?

Any of our resellers know this person?

Bond' teh' I just don't get it?

I don't know RandleXX, and I see what you are saying, Scott.

That said, it is interesting to get the impressions of a newbie. Once you use Mastercam for a short while, you adapt to some of the things that are unique about it, and learn to love it for its power, flexibility, and integrity.

But... new users impressions point out where things can be improved to smooth the transition, or at least where more training and documentation would be helpful.

Buck up RandleXX; you're running with the big dogs now; it's called tough love. Just like that guy (Animal) in "Full Metal Jacket"; these ARE the guys you want to go to war with. biggrin.gif

BTW Buckethead, what can you tell us about that fine machine you have pictured here.

[ 07-17-2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

Hi Charles,

It is a full custom bike I built in a few years ago.It has the best $$ can buy on it.

Many 1 off parts I made for it myself.

I did all the (house of kolor) paint too.

Carls speed shop in Daytona built the 100 CI S&S motor.Has a Rowe rubbermount frame.The motor configuration is sportster.

It is extremly fast and will rip 1st. and 2nd gear wheelies with just a twist of the throttle. biggrin.gif

I kinda lost intrest in riding because around here,it is just too much traffic/red lights/stop signs.I cant even stand driving 6 miles to work everyday with all the idiots out there.

So last year I bought a 25 ft. brand new boat and I really enjoy this much better.

I by nature am very high strung so I need a way to wind down everyday. (the boat was the cure)

BTW Bike is for sale.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

And bullines,I'm sorry bout the "Bambi" thread.

I didn't realize that some might take it offensive. wink.gif

Bucket teh "won worst thread of the year contest" biggrin.gif

Ok, you want credentials

4 years TIG welder

7 years manual machine and lathe (tooling dept.)

3 years CNC operater (G/M code programming)

and yes a newbie to MasterCam.

Only 2 years programming with MC.

And I have done most post mods myself.

Make no mistake I think MC is the best out so far. I have played around with others (surfcam, bobcam, unigraphics)

As far as manners, I always give thanks to those that help. Maybe I am asking the wrong questions but most answers are way off track or just someone trying to prove their EGO. I do realize that alot of you have been around MC for a long time and I respect that, but also I see alot of B.S. on here.

Randle

Bend, Oregon mad.gif

[ 07-18-2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: RandleXX ]

I don't think those were the credentials being questioned..

And as for EGO, attitudes etc, you basically get what you give around here. Notice all the posts where people post civil, legit questions are always answered the same way, and the maroons that come off with attitudes get those same attitudes back tenfold?

Methinks it's time to re-evaluate your position here, before you end up like kyle, multax, and a few other choice losers that used to frequently troll here.

'Rekd teh Just a hunch

BTW, being a n00b to MC is a good thing. You've found the pot of gold for information. Lets just hope you don't blow it.

We're here to help, we're doing it because we want to. If you want to get help, you need to think about that first.

If you've been moding your posts, you understand the complexity of them, and should understand why we say what we do about the custom posts.

'Rekd