Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Import Tool paths

Thee Rickster ™

Chris, those settings are not what I am after.

(i already have those set to specific folders)

(Tyler, are you ok with my request?) ;)

When i go to import an entire toolpath group from another .MCX-6 folder

I would like the default set as in these pics.

dont want this

VX.png

i do want this

NOTVX.png

I do not import "VX" Unless I am importing a single common toolpath i'd like to change

it to Mastercam X files.

9 out of 10 times I import paths I use mastercam X on the pull down.

Is this achievable?

Just trying to save time here,

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rick

Cant think of the right term......not character mapping....

something like you hit a custom key (or combination of keys) & it spits out what you want....

i.e. you hit windows key + 7

and windows does what you want (type a predefined paragragh for example)

Thinking if you could make one of those to enter "tab, down arrow, down arrow, down arrow, enter.

I have XP (Win 7 I am assuming may be a different sequence of keyboard strikes to get what your after) & when the window you posted a screenshot of pops up, that is the sequence of keys that need to be hit to get you to what you want.

Where's me duct tape????

I could have a custom default operations file set for a specific machine & control def then have that mapped to a specific location. Preferably I would keep the file in the shared McamX6/mill/ops folder.

I believe what you may be looking for is in the source code and not user defined. :mellow:

Kieth, Its just less clicks, if it didnt default to VX I would reduce my clicking... ;)

If like most, MC boxes, IF it would at minimum leave the last selection in the box, i would hardly

care about this because I wouldnt have to constantly reselect the exact same thing every time.

Its like this for most of MC features/popup windows etc.), the last information you click or input in

a field is not there the very next time you go use that feature.

(jest trying to reduce clicking ......one feature at a time.....) ;)

( i could,,as i encounter them, jot down all the features that keep resetting to a default or blank input box....)

Kieth, Its just less clicks, if it didnt default to VX I would reduce my clicking... ;)

(jest trying to reduce clicking ......one feature at a time.....) ;)

Soon I will not have to click anything ever, and I will be able to program faster than James!!!!

Going for world domination again eh Rick...coffee.gif

Yes, thanks for your input. :)

I work on moulds day and night, up to 75hrs/week, every week. If I can save 1 hour a day

I will try to do just that, crunching paths as I type....whod a thought

Sorry if that bothers you... :question:

Nice Fiss, BTW.... :cheers:

I have a family project of 7 big molds coming in, 4 on the go and I have 5 on the books now.....some one

shoot me.....

It never lets up.

Ahh a picture is worth a thousand words...

Rick I think CJep may have hit it on the spot.

I believe what you may be looking for is in the source code and not user defined.

I dont think this default can be changed Rick. I believe that's a Microsoft/Windows thing. I know this is not the same program however perhaps the same idea. When using paint and you want to open a picture it defaults to "All Picture Files" which works and is great. However if you wanted to change that default to open .png files lets say I am not sure if you could do that. I think you will just have to continue to click. Sorry I cant be of more help perhaps someone else will chime in though.

Chris,

Thats cool, it would be nice to change, but that is ok.,....now I know. :cheers:

Thanks for your help!

Is there a setting in config to have the last value you punch in a field to stick?

That is another one that would help speed things up.

(working all night again....lol)

Cheers

Rick

Just git to work and quit listening to me!. I love Canadians and every thing about them. :cheers:

Too much forum/Circle time for me! I'm giving up the forum :evil: :evil:

PEACE :D