Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT - Health food stores

Thad

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

To all the guys who have their tongue pierced....I'm placing you under suspicion.

Thad

Well Thad,

the ladies dont seem to mind:D

plus it has stopped me from chewing up all my pens (thats the main reason for doing so)

Tongue piercing - what is the point? Makes you talk odd, chips the enamel off the inside of your front teeth, and makes people think either "What the hell was this guy thinking?" or "Is he going to rob me?"

Okay - come on boys. How many of you men got a tattoo because of some sweet talkin' girl?

quote:

plus it has stopped me from chewing up all my pens (thats the main reason for doing so)

why not just have your jaw wired shut or beter yet turn your own pen holder out of titanium so you would only break your teeth if you tried biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif and im not suspect just because of a tounge piercing as long as your nipples arent pierced too....

Sorry guys, but I just don't see the reasoning behind males wearing female jewelry. Besides, the reason men get their ear pierced is because they think they look cool if they do. Guess what? You don't look cool. rolleyes.gif

Thad teh never had long hair, a tatoo, or an earring biggrin.gif

I will tell you one thing.

You will never ever have top managmant job with bunch of tattoos and piercing. No company like GE, IBM and other big boys will hire you with all that metal and ink on you. Period.

Our company has about 400 office professionals that make above $75.000 (working 35 hours a week)

and none of them have any percing or visable tattoos. We are not all that old neither. Average age is around 30.

When I was at the 2003 NPE show in Chicago, I could tell right away who is the president/engineer/salesman or who is the mold maker attending the show just be looking at their ears.

[ 07-22-2003, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: beav700 ]

quote:

Our company has about 400 office professionals that make above 75.000 (working 35 hours a week)

and none of them have any percing or visable tattoos and we are not all that old. Average age is around 30.

Key Word here: Professionals

Which brings me back to my original post on this thread. wink.gif

I don't think tattoos are half as bad as piercing your face all up like a freak.

And yes,I will confess,I have some tattoos. rolleyes.gif

Now tattooing your face........

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

My face is so pierced, it looks like I opened up a tackle box and it exploded!!!!!! Don't even get me going about my Prince Albert.... NOT!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

j/k

I'll stick to my beanie! biggrin.gifwink.gif

[ 07-22-2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

I dont have anything other than my tongue pierced i dont have any tattoos either or long hair. like i said not many people even notice the tongue anyway unless you want them too.

sorry for hijacking the thread Thad smile.gif

No deliberate piercings or tattoo's here. Couldn't see the sense in it for myself. I don't count the sharp piece of sheet metal embedded in my calf one day or the tat caused by welding spatter (or the really hot chip down the front of my shirt). smile.gif

On the other hand, my eldest daughter just HAD to get her bellybutton pierced...... Couldn't say much since she was 21 at the time. Said after that if she had known how much it would hurt...

cheers.gif

Dan2uok,

Quote:

-------------------------------------------------

Tatoos are O.K. When girls have little tatoos on their shoulder blades or ankles they look nice. Any other part of the body, NO!

-------------------------------------------------

What about the tatoos that are on some of these young ladies backs that just show above the waist band of thier low ridder jeans?

That make's this old boy crazy eek.gif

Steve

quote:

Our company has about 400 office professionals that make above $75.000 (working 35 hours a week)

and none of them have any percing or visable tattoos.

This is so true. I have a cousin with hoops in his ears and tattos all over his arms and spilling onto his hands. He graduated in the top 5% of his class witha degree in Buisness Finance.

He has been looking for a job since graduation. While most of his friends have been working for the last 9 to 12 months. By cowincedence they lack both peircings and tattos( or at least they have none that are visible while in slacks and a short sleave shirt).

He can't figure out why? eek.gif

Steve S.

quote:

You will never ever have top managmant job with bunch of tattoos and piercing. No company like GE, IBM and other big boys will hire you with all that metal and ink on you. Period.

Here, in this high tech manufacturing company that hates manufacturing, you just need a little blue collar residue on you to be untouchable. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

We got a couple places here in the Bay area where you can buy used CDs and videos. They beat any health food store for variety of characters. I trip every time I go in there. This one dude who works there has got a chain from the piercing in his nose to his ear. There’s another cashier who looks exactly like the singer from The Cure. There’s always someone in there with purple, pink or fluorescent hair usually in a Mohawk or nail spikes. The ones that really get me are the rockabilly types with the nose rings, tattoos, sleeveless shirts, studded belts, then they finish the look off with a cowboy hat and boots. eek.gif

My high school fashion statement was Iron Maiden’s “Eddie” on a concert tee and some long hair. Although a Van Halen, Y&T, Ratt, or Ozzy shirt would do as long as you had holes in your 501’s and leather high top tennis shoes. I did occasionally stretch the rules with a Rush shirt though. Ahh, Exit Stage Left and the hazy memories… cool.gif Quite possibly Canada's finest export.

quote:

Here, in this high tech manufacturing company that hates manufacturing, you just need a little blue collar residue on you to be untouchable.

They're threatened by your intimate knowledge of how things really work and what's required to get things done. Might make them look like the inexperienced idiots they are. It's a lot easier to tell someone to "just handle it" and not give them detailed instructions how to.

I once started a new job in a mold shop as a engineering manager. The new boss (the plant manager) was a screamer. The more he didn't know the louder he screamed. Chewed his gum at the rate of 10 chews per second. Demanded delivery dates for work that you haven't even seen yet. You know the type.

He made the mistake of screaming at me in a meeting one day in front of others as one of the guys working for me made an error on a print. My immediate reaction that I wanted to respond with was to go over the desk and twist his !#!#! head off or at least yell back at the idiot. But this being a new job and having a wife and kids at home depending on me I didn't.

I unrolled the print and simply asked "So, EXACTLY what would you have done different?". A hush fell over the room. He sat there staring at an E sized print with slides, early returns and dimensions all over the place and all of us staring at him in silence waiting for his answer. He obviously had never drawn a line in his life. His muffled reply "Well, that's your job. Make sure you take care of it. Let's move on to the next item".

Umm, yeah. Thought so. D*ckweed. He was gone about 9 months later.