Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

First minutes with X6 MU1

JAMMAN

How do you keep the freaking license agreement from popping up every other time you start Mcam? Please don't tell me its a feature. It says by clicking yes then there is no yes button. This will drive me insane.

There should be a box to check

PEACE :D

Well I have instantly been transformed from a mastercam guru to a complete and total n00b tard. I have created a line. Yay. I had no idea where it was but it was snapping horizontal or vertical. I will need to spend a few days to see if you can teach old dogs new tricks it is ridiculous how far behind my buds I am at this point.

Well I have instantly been transformed from a mastercam guru to a complete and total n00b tard. I have created a line. Yay. I had no idea where it was but it was snapping horizontal or vertical. I will need to spend a few days to see if you can teach old dogs new tricks it is ridiculous how far behind my buds I am at this point.

Dude PM your phone # to me

There is a PDF file called V92XFunctions.pdf

that is a huge help when making the transition.

It looks like they don't include it in documentation anymore.

If you have a copy of X thru X3 or 4 installed you can find it in

C:\mcamx\documentation\V92XFunctions.pdf

meanwhile I will try to upload it to the FTP site,

Once you learn the X interface you'll hate the V9 interface, but learning it can be stressful.. especially if you're an old school

hot key guy. There is some hot key functionality in the X interface, but much of it didn't make the tranisition.

Do yourself a favor and go into customize toolbars and create yourself a set of right mouse button menu items. Helped me the most in getting away from the hot keys. Now, all my most used stuff is a click or two away.

and still think V9 was a faster and more efficient interface for the experienced user

yup ... but go back and try and use it ... you'll feel like noob with 2 thumbs..

I occasionally have to do something in our seat of V9/Verisurf... even simple stuff is like pulling teeth now :rolleyes:

I usually move it into X5 then back to V9 if I have any serious work to do

yup ... but go back and try and use it ... you'll feel like noob with 2 thumbs..

I occasionally have to do something in our seat of V9/Verisurf... even simple stuff is like pulling teeth now :rolleyes:

I usually move it into X5 then back to V9 if I have any serious work to do

I had to jump in here. This is funny because last night on American Chopper show they showed Jim Quinn on the computer and he was using V9

I had to jump in here. This is funny because last night on American Chopper show they showed Jim Quinn on the computer and he was using V9

Didn't they get caught for that being a pirated version? I read something on the BSA site a while ago. It was one of the chopper show places anyway.

OK 2 stupid questions.

It looks like one program How do you tell mill from lathe?

Where do I put my post?

In you operation manager, open files in the properties dropdown.

Youll see in there where you can search for your mach and control defs.