Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam and MS Security Essentials

gcode

We got a new IT provider recently and they installed MS Security Essentials on my computer.

I have a very hot computer, but recently simple drill toolpaths and contours

sometimes take 30 seconds to regen, when they used to do it instantly.

I'm thinking this is caused by some new network permission rules, but was wondering if

anyone can connect this to MS Security Essentials.

Short of uninstalling it, I can't find an easy way to shut if off to do some tests..

Maybe I could turn it off on the Services page of Admin tools????

Ive had MS security essentials for a couple years now and I don't see that I also have full access to our network.

I do see a pause whenever I click on the coolant screen, thats about the only lag I see.

I see various small issues with MS Security Essentials and the issues change over time with new versions of MS-SE. Some of the issues I have seen over time are: Slowing down open time for Cimco (working OK now though). Math calculations not working in fields (win 7-64). Preventing FBM from detecting features. And very recently with the new Verisurf X5 update for the Master3dGage, it is blocking some of the pop up windows (I think it was the filter settings for continuous points).

I think my issues are network releated.

Our main server failed a couple of weeks ago and we're running on an old backup server while they

build a new one.

Today, being Saturday, there are very few people here and my sytem is running well.

I think the delays I'm seeing are caused by slow network performance during the week

when all the office personnel are working and the network and server is getting heavy traffic.

They're going to install the new high performance server over the weekend.

Hopefully I'll still have good performance next week when everyone is working

Did a full scan with MS last week, first time run a full scan on a 6 month old pc and it sort of killed the file open x style option!!!

If I open a file in X style I get slow load times and when I try to edit m/c deff I get no response for a few minutes! Tool paths are fine!All files are on the c drive.

Changed it to windows style and all is ok! Thinking of going back to avg free : :thumbsup:

Guys seriously just convince IT to get rid of it. Our IT department uses it and I refuse to use it on my computer so if they want to keep me it stays off. I have fixed a lot of computers where MSE has let major viruses just dance through, including a manager that shares an office with me. He was hit incredibly bad, long story short he has a new computer now and will not run MSE either. I can't say if it will interfere with mastercam because it will never be on my computer.

As far as I can tell this MSE is what was causing my computer to crash on post. Have a new computer running MCX6 W7x64 I7 processor With 12G of ram, and I was crashing on post. Not every time but once it started I had to reboot. I turned this off and have not had a problem since. It has been a month now. It was crashing about 8 times a day every day untill I turned it off, it is no fun rebooting 8 times a day.

I've had MSE on my work machine since I started, and it's never caused any problems. Certainly not with MCam or SolidWorks. I've had some issues with graphics not playing nicely, but I think that's my graphics card telling me it doesn't want to work anymore.