Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tolerance settings

rchipper

Greetings,

I am trying to machine a .0235 fillet radius at the intersection of a 150 degree angle but the toolpath will not generate the correct code. I am using a 3/64 diameter endmill (.0469). When I run the simulation I see that the tool generates a small flat move where the radius should be. And the posted code reflects this. I know that some softwares have tolerance settings that allow you to adjust the min/max moves to acommidate things like this. Does Mastercam? I am using X5 and am new to it, I could realy use some help.

rchipper

top of screen , settings drop down, pick configuration, then tolerances on left pane, also check total tolerance/arc filter in toolpath params window, not sure which path you are using but like jeff said .0001 smaller rad on tool then the arc you want to cut problably isnt gonna work no matter what you set the tolerance to , but ive never tried that so i really have no idea

Greetings,

I am trying to machine a .0235 fillet radius at the intersection of a 150 degree angle but the toolpath will not generate the correct code. I am using a 3/64 diameter endmill (.0469). When I run the simulation I see that the tool generates a small flat move where the radius should be. And the posted code reflects this. I know that some softwares have tolerance settings that allow you to adjust the min/max moves to acommidate things like this. Does Mastercam? I am using X5 and am new to it, I could realy use some help.

rchipper

Settings > Configuration > Tolerances

Try changing the minimum arc length

Wow, thank you. This forum stuff is kinda cool.

Well I changed the settings and re simulated and it is doing the same thing. I tried something dif. Instead of trying to generate the radius I removed it and have no fillet. The part dim. calls for a .020 rad. +/-.010. So my thingking is that the tool should follow the geometry and will leave the radius of the tool as a fillet. Well I still keep getting a small linear move at the intersection. ????

Much thanks,

rchipper

I am using contour 2d toolpath.

Look for the "Arc filter / Tolerance" branch. Put the filter ratio to 1:1 (you may want 2:1 or something different, just make sure it's not "off"), change the tolerances if you want to, make sure the checkbox for "create arcs in X Y" is checked. Also adjust your "min arc radius" on that same page if necessary.

Look for the "Arc filter / Tolerance" branch. Put the filter ratio to 1:1 (you may want 2:1 or something different, just make sure it's not "off"), change the tolerances if you want to, make sure the checkbox for "create arcs in X Y" is checked. Also adjust your "min arc radius" on that same page if necessary.

You rock. I adjusted the arc filter/tolerance settings and the posted code appears correct.

I appreciate your time and effort!

rchipper

Greetings,

rchipper

are you using wear, computer of control comp