Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

integrex \ mazak programmers

cg777

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

harryman

i stand corrected on the # of intregrex mach. we have.

8 200y

4 200 2y (second gen.)

1 200sy (sub spindle)

all machines come wfusion640mt controlls

13 machines total (integrex)

4 5axis mills (fusion also)

55 machines in all a lot of qick turns and

3 axis mills

cheers.gif

well people,

the sales man for mastercam is coming today...

thanks to all that posted,in retospect to integrex, i will stump him with all the specs and information i obtained from this kick _SS forum.

i was just handed the video cd the mc has on integrex. i must check this out.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

quote:

8 200y

4 200 2y (second gen.)

1 200sy (sub spindle)

all machines come wfusion640mt controlls

13 machines total (integrex)

4 5axis mills (fusion also)

55 machines in all a lot of qick turns and

3 axis mills

Ahh, You are in Mazak heaven biggrin.gif Have fun with them. You will find that those are some pretty trick machines that can make you a lot of money.

IT'S HARD TO SAY IF I'M GOING TO HAVE FUN.

I WAS THINKING THIS MORNING, I CAN REMEMBER WHEN THIS WAS FUN. I COULDN'T WAIT TO GET WORK TO GET MY FIX ON CNC PROGRAMMING. BUT AFTER 16 YEARS OF THIS AND BEING LET GO FORM ONE POSITIONS BECAUSE YOU KNOW MORE THAN THE PLANT MANAGER THAT HAS BEEN THERE LONGER AND LAID OFF OVER 1/2 _SS MACHINIST BECAUSE YOU MAKE MORE MONEY, THERE JUST SEEMS TO BE NO FUN IT ANY MORE. IT'S BECOME JUST A JOB.

(sorry about the caps, i wasn't paying attention.)

i am looking forward to getting back on mc.

unigraphics was a big enough learning curve that kinda sucked. if any one was like me and thought ug and pro e are gods in the cam world, they are deceived just like i was. i'm not saying ug is bad, but a lot of the toolpathing is all trial and error until you get the path you want.

mr. crazy millman,

i have read back over this forum and i must say u have my respect. thanks for your info.

by the way, the prog. that sales man posted for the integrex did not work. this discuraged the integrex programmer but he seemed ok with it.

(job security, if u know what i mean)but i looked at the EIA program, the alarms where do to minor

commands in the post. for example, there was a G41

on the same line as a (z move).

what seemed minor to me was a big deal on the floor.

the only fun i have these days is when i'm with my 3 daughters or fishing in canada. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Wow what a shop!

With that many Integrexes, you'll need to develop a first class tool library plan. Find out if the tool data pages on all those machines are synchronized already. (Is GEN OUT A, the same tool on all?) If not, you'll probably need to build a MC tool library for each machine. We do prototype work here so I place a high value on keeping as many tools resident as possible.

Get under the hood on the Tool Data Pages on each machine to see how the tools are currently defined and discover how the Post handles tool calling.

T0303.1403 T0303.1 GEN OUT C (Mazatrol)

These three codes could conceivably call the same tool but for different reasons. Since you are going to be applying EIA code to Integrexes that have many established Mazatrol programs, and Mazatrol tool definitions. You face a considerable challenge in finding a way to retain usable Mazatrol tool definitions that are also compatable with EIA calls.

Hang on Dude!

[ 08-13-2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Harryman ]

harrryman,

i need help.

is it possible you can send me a working prog. in eia format that was posted in mc.

otherwise i'm going to have a hard time prooving that this can work. the integrex programmer seems to think mc does not have a working post,

so far he correct, the one mc posted yesterday is alarming out all over the place. like M302 (whats this, it's not even in the book.

the g41 and g42 r in the wrong places, i thought this might because the sales man didn't include lead in and lead out in parameters when programming. but i edited the program and it's still al @^&^*&(^( up.

cg777 mad.gif

[email protected]

quote:

M302 (whats this, it's not even in the book.

Yup, you found a corner of the scab there.

Andrew's sitting out there somewhere "Buwahahahah."

You might want to see if you can get your reseller to get a temp deal going with Dave Thompson to try the post he made for us. I've got a ton of R&D into that one.

Latest was sent to me 8-1-03. Accountants would call this WIP.

Study the switch settings carefully. I'm too green with MC to offer expert aid on them. I know they exist and matter alot.

Start out with things set for no sub spindle. A switch set for a sub spindle machine may be the source of M302.

This is painin the arse way to do it but you can make it easy for porgramming the machine using the current tool libaries of each machine. I would make me a tool libary named for each machine that you have just ask the operators to print screen or get a capture program loaded on the machine and do a bmp of the different tool pages and yes I know it suck put them in as each libary when you can but for the short can ame a Binder with esch one sun divided as a quick reference whe nyou g oprogramming the machine. I would have to agree with the g41 z move on a mazzk they kinda go into a sh?t fit when that happens. You will get it i am sure just onether one of the bumbs in the road. We have them this is my 17th machine shop postion in the last 17 years so been there done that so to speak. Yeah I can see all the kringes now when people read that.

Well good luck appericate the kind words cg777

Crazy Millman

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

harryman

the machine we r trying this sample on, is a sub spindle machine. but so is the prog.

it worked well in verify, but not at the machine.

the programmer that works on the sub spindle machine says this M302 is wrong.

"command does not exist" he says.

cg777

I do not have code with B-axis drilling but do have some with B-axis milling using the B axis with the Y axis to machine an angled flat......will this work? Also, I am using the post that I got from my reseller from which he got from CNC Software, the makers of Mastercam. Also in order to use the B-axis in EIA/ISO you will need the G125 Macro. Contact Mazak for this, if they can not help I can send it to you also. Also, with the post I use you must change some parameters so the machine uses the right set of "codes." I believe it is g-code set A.

RStuart,

yes, please send it, that will be a start.

we already use g125, so i'm safe to say we have it.

i'll check with our integrex guy to see about the parameter change u mentioned.

[ 08-13-2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: cg777 ]

We do not have a sub spindle...YES!...with arm pump. It would not have been a wise choice for our work.

Perhaps Mr. Stuart or Andrew, or Chris could provide you with a list of REAL M codes for the sub spindle machine, and the correct order to use them. Who knows...Mazak might be willing and able to tell you, the machines have been out for four years now.

The C'Millman's picture book scheme is right on for tool data.