Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looking for a Matsuura MX520 model for Machine Simulation

Aeroguy

They charge money for that after buying a several hundred thousand dollar machine from them??

If you buy in the States from Methods every single Matsuura 5X is bundled with a seat of CAMplete. Every dealer has their own way to do it. In Denmark 3D model is also optional.

The smart customer remembers to include it in the order for the machine.

Are you getting CAMplete with the machine?

I actually have no idea what is included. He asked me for suggestions on new machinery and what we would need and all that, then he turned around and bought something completely different without even bothering to tell me. I only found out about the damn thing after the order was placed and signed for.

I am pretty sure he got screwed on the deal too.

Hum too Bad James has left the forum. I would tell you to contact him and he can get you in touch with the right person. Good luck in your efforts. It would only take you about 6to 10 hours to make the model yourself. The Travels are all in the book and then it is just a matter of drawing everything and then saving them out as STL. Inside of Machine simulation buidling machines is not really that bad. A little weird, but not too bad. If you decided to tackle it let me know I will be glad to assist.

If CAMplete comes with the machine, you won't have to worry about posting, simulation or collision detection. It handles that. We have it for our MAM72's here. We originally thought about going with Vericut but after we used CAMplete for about 6 months, it did everything we needed it to do so we nixed the Vericut demo. We've been using it for about 4 years.

@Aeroguy, it may not have been what you spec'd out, but give it a chance. A company we offload work to from time to time has one and he loves it. Can't speak from personal experience about it but the guy we know sure raves about it. We sent one of our 63V CAMplete files over to him and with a little tweaking of the fixture location, he was up and running our part in a couple hours. We sent tooling, workholding and the CAMplete file to him and he turned the parts around in a day and a half. CMM reports were comparable to what we get.

I actually have no idea what is included. He asked me for suggestions on new machinery and what we would need and all that, then he turned around and bought something completely different without even bothering to tell me. I only found out about the damn thing after the order was placed and signed for.

I am pretty sure he got screwed on the deal too.

Hahaha - Keep the 'button pushers' in the dark. Bosses prerogative :lol:

If you are going to invest in getting the models or making them yourself be sure you integrate Machsim with your post otherwise it wont show you exactly what is happening on the machine. Our post group at In-House Solutions can incorporate Machsim with the post. As mentioned above CAMplete offers this service as well.

I just set up my Makino A51nx for machine sim in Vericut and it was dead simple. I only modeled the parts that matter because the rest is just bling and a waste of time. I modeled my pallet, rotary table, and spindle. I had the whole setup done and running in about an hour and it runs very fast while simulating. Not sure why people model the ball screws, castings, enclosure, pallet changer, ways, etc... Seems like a waste of time and it just slows down the simulation and eats computer resources... Just my $.02

Bob

If CAMplete comes with the machine, you won't have to worry about posting, simulation or collision detection. It handles that. We have it for our MAM72's here. We originally thought about going with Vericut but after we used CAMplete for about 6 months, it did everything we needed it to do so we nixed the Vericut demo. We've been using it for about 4 years.

@Aeroguy, it may not have been what you spec'd out, but give it a chance. A company we offload work to from time to time has one and he loves it. Can't speak from personal experience about it but the guy we know sure raves about it. We sent one of our 63V CAMplete files over to him and with a little tweaking of the fixture location, he was up and running our part in a couple hours. We sent tooling, workholding and the CAMplete file to him and he turned the parts around in a day and a half. CMM reports were comparable to what we get.

Hey, I'm not knocking the machine at all. I think it's a kick a$$ machine myself, but for what we do here I think it is total overkill. He could have gotten away with getting something alot less expensive, and I told him so, plus I gave him several different alternatives. Not that it mattered in the end anyways.

Hey what do I know right, I've only been doing this for 20 years after all.

Any idea what the machine goes for? I asked the AE that was here last week and he didn't know. We're looking at adding a single pallet 5-Axis around mid-year to replace an early 2000's VMC with a bolt on Trunion.

In Canada here it was about 425k.NOt sure if that includes taxes.

No spindle thru coolant, no CAMplete, but it does have a 20k spindle and tool setter. Also a 60 tool ATC

By comparison, a DMG 50 Evolution comaprably outfitted was 325k

In Canada here it was about 425k.NOt sure if that includes taxes.

No spindle thru coolant, no CAMplete, but it does have a 20k spindle and tool setter. Also a 60 tool ATC

By comparison, a DMG 50 Evolution comaprably outfitted was 325k

Ouch, that does sound pretty high. Considering U.S. to Canadian exchange rate is pretty much flat...

We got our MX-520 early last year. I was pretty new here and I wasn't in on much of the dealings so I can't share much as for cost.

Ours came with CAMplete which works pretty bad a$$ (once you get the hang of it) so I never bothered making a Machine Sim for it either.

When we first got it here I thought it was a little overkill for what we did at the time too. But I have to tell you, since we got it, our sales dept. has done a good job of seeking out work for it and we've kept it hummn' ever since.

When we first got it here I thought it was a little overkill for what we did at the time too. But I have to tell you, since we got it, our sales dept. has done a good job of seeking out work for it and we've kept it hummn' ever since.

Amazing how getting the right machine will get the right work. Crazy I tell you just Crazy. :unworthy::laughing::turned:

• Like 1

Amazing how getting the right machine will get the right work. Crazy I tell you just Crazy. :unworthy::laughing::turned:

True, BUT you have to have the right customers I think.

Most of the customers over here really don't care (or understand) what machine it's made on. They just want cheaper prices.