Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

laptop

BOATDUDEGUY

I've got an M4600 from Dell Outlet.. paid about $1K with shipping/taxes and a 3 year warranty

Its got an i7 proccessor, a 128 SSD , 8 gig of ram and a medium range Quadro video card,

It runs Mastercam better than a lot of desktops I've owned.

I just wouldnt think at around 170 it would do the job but ive seen several references recommending it so looks like thats where im headed and if im not happy with it its not much of a hit on the wallet

what is around 170 are you looking at a M90 I hope not they are really old. If you were to go back some then look at the M6300 can get that cheap but I would look like Gcode said at the outlet for Dell.

My laptop now rocks , it is in my sig.

I was just stating that back in the day, when X3 was new I was using a Dell Precision M90 and it did well. I didn't mean get one now LOL. I guess I should have elaborated on that a little bit ;) I was just giving input on the Dell Precision laptops and that they are built for this kind of stuff. When I bought that M90 it was $2000. I still have it and it is still good for the kids to play games on.

I was just stating that back in the day, when X3 was new I was using a Dell Precision M90 and it did well. I didn't mean get one now LOL. I guess I should have elaborated on that a little bit ;) I was just giving input on the Dell Precision laptops and that they are built for this kind of stuff. When I bought that M90 it was $2000. I still have it and it is still good for the kids to play games on.

Ya the price was an immediate red flag

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an M6600 from the dell outlet

128GB SSD with 750GB HDD

i7 @ 2.30GHz

16.0GB 1600mhz

Nvidia Quadro 4000m

BD/RW

Windows experience index 7.2

Runs mastercam, CATIA and all the others (outlook, excel) simultaneously without issue. Got it for just over half of what it would have been otherwise.

I'm happy with it.