Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mitsui Seiki HU100A-5XLL

http://www.mmsonline.com/articles/design-the-parts-around-the-process

third paragraph:

Early results have affirmed the validity of this experiment in DFM. The largest of Sikorsky’s three new five-axis Mitsui Seiki machining centers is now producing two of the biggest, most complex titanium components it has ever designed. One is a main rotor hub that measures 66 inches in diameter and weighs 2,450 pounds before machining. With the fixture, it weighs more than 10,000 pounds. The other is a rotating swashplate that measures 78 inches in diameter and weighs 1,450 pounds before machining. A high-torque spindle is one feature that is essential to machining titanium workpieces of this size. A 1,900-mm table, designed specifically for this application, also makes a significant difference in fixture design and rigidity.

http://www.mitsuiseiki.com/news/Boeing%20Tests%20Optimum%20Titanium%20Machining.pdf

A 1,900-mm table, designed specifically for this application

those tables are part of the quote ($84K for 2 tables)

That puts some perspective to the picture Joe put up on the first page of that thread.

The picture has the stock table.. but that means a 75" round table will fit inside the trunion.

That bad boy is HUGE!!!

http://www.mmsonline...und-the-process

third paragraph:

Early results have affirmed the validity of this experiment in DFM. The largest of Sikorsky’s three new five-axis Mitsui Seiki machining centers is now producing two of the biggest, most complex titanium components it has ever designed. One is a main rotor hub that measures 66 inches in diameter and weighs 2,450 pounds before machining. With the fixture, it weighs more than 10,000 pounds. The other is a rotating swashplate that measures 78 inches in diameter and weighs 1,450 pounds before machining. A high-torque spindle is one feature that is essential to machining titanium workpieces of this size. A 1,900-mm table, designed specifically for this application, also makes a significant difference in fixture design and rigidity.

http://www.mitsuisei...m Machining.pdf

We are machining the same swash plate for Sikorsky on our e-1850.

We are machining the same swash plate for Sikorsky on our e-1850.

Rob, do they just hand you the print and say, "Here ya go." Or is there a bunch of engineering sharing and other stuff that goes along with it? Probably didn't make a whole lot of people at Sikorsky happy to see the parts being made effectively on a much less expensive and specialized machine.

@ Rob, you can unbunch your drawers. I essentially said the difference between the Mitsui and the Mazak is the difference between Matsuura and Haas.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I would like you to explain your comment (no, not the drawers' comment, LOL)

Tom asked for suggestions. I offered him the information on the machines that we have that would suit his needs. You came in here belittling the product that we use (and use very well I might add) with nothing constructive to offer relating this thread. I am not commited to a "brand" , nor do I care what Tom's company decides to buy. I am interested in a tool that will do the job, and there is not that many choices out there when you start getting that big.

• 3 weeks later...