Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Mastercam PC Build

Rotary Ninja

No, I'm using an SSD. Adding a hardware ramdrive card would be nice though, it would be a good place for paging files. Doesn't look like anyone makes them anymore though; might as well just add some SSDs in RAID 0 if you can't add more RAM directly.

Ya I was asking of the ram drive cause of the memory usage you were using. I thought if you had a ram drive, that would explain your high memory use. Those must be some pretty intensive models to get that much memory use.

Hey ninja that's a pretty cool build up on the front of this thread.

Only thing different I would do is get rid of the liquid cooling Put it all in a full size Tower.

I like to put fans on the bottom of my hard drive also.

Since I don't want to overclock for longevity I will probably just put the best CPU I could get In there.

Things never change... 2500 bucks is been the going price of a computer system since I bought my very first 286.

But your money get your real good computer these days...

Hey ninja that's a pretty cool build up on the front of this thread.

Only thing different I would do is get rid of the liquid cooling Put it all in a full size Tower.

I like to put fans on the bottom of my hard drive also.

Since I don't want to overclock for longevity I will probably just put the best CPU I could get In there.

Things never change... 2500 bucks is been the going price of a computer system since I bought my very first 286.

But your money get your real good computer these days...

I don't overclock either. But that board would make it easy to do so. I am actually considering the Sabertooth motherboard because I can get it for a pretty good deal from Fry's. I'll probably go pick that up this weekend. Then all I need is my CPU and I am ready to build it. I plan to document the whole build so anyone on here who has never done it can see how easy it is to build a PC. I can't wait to run some benchmarks on it.

I don't overclock either. But that board would make it easy to do so. I am actually considering the Sabertooth motherboard because I can get it for a pretty good deal from Fry's. I'll probably go pick that up this weekend. Then all I need is my CPU and I am ready to build it. I plan to document the whole build so anyone on here who has never done it can see how easy it is to build a PC. I can't wait to run some benchmarks on it.

Ya its a whole lot easier than it used to be.

back in the day you had to be careful which parts you put with which.

some CDROM drives wouldn't work with certain hardware, IRA conflicts, memory timing issues,

BIOS incompatibility.....the list is long.

It costs a bit more to build them yourself but you get a better computer.

I once bought a DELL system and the cheapa$$ front panel power button broke

in two months. Had to send my CD drive back on an Acer 3 times. CRT failed and they replaced it...when the motherboard popped, I packed it up and took it to FRY's and threw such a fit, they let me pick one of the same value off the shelf.

Ever since then I built my own and never looked back.

We bought 3 identical Dell PC's. They are all Optiplex's. The one I got the front USB hub didn't work at all. Another had a catastrophic hard drive failure a month later.

I have built my own PC's since before Dell was the company they are now. For the money, you can build a PC with much better parts for the same money you would pay for a Dell.

That is were I got my MB and Ram and CPU soon to be your CPU from. May go there this morning . don't tell gcode he things I have a problem. lol

Are you getting the military Spec one. it come with a 5 year warranty cert. this what I have. Really nice board for sure.

I have had good luck with the dells. most of mine have been dell precision workstations. we have two optiplexs one was my wife's and the other for the TV in the living room both work great. I retired the wifes last year and gave here a hand built one. I7-3.2 quad core 1155 chipset, 12 gigs of corsair ram , H80i cooler, Asus MB, cool Master case , 150 raptor 10,000 rpm drive and a Nviida GTX 550.

this weekend putting in a SSD and my two Quadro FX 4600 in SLI and another 12 gigs of ram for her.

Lol. I will finish specing everything out this weekend or early next week and post it before I buy anything. I have budgeted around 7k. The rig in my sig is actually my old work system, I gave it to my protégé when I left to start my business so I know it is in good hands. I have been running my company off my laptop which I will upgrade after I get my desktop built. Business is good, so I need the write-offs, and since I work for myself, time is my money. :thumbsup:

my current list...

select item 1 quantity of item 1

17-139-014-12.jpgCORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200 (CMPSU-1200AX) 1200W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified ... Item #: N82E16817139014 Return Policy: Standard Return Policy -$20.00 Instant

$20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card17-139-014 $299.99 $279.99 select item 2 quantity of item 2

2 times for 64 meg 20-233-333-05.jpgCORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 Desktop Memory Model CMZ32GX3M4A2133C10 Item #: N82E16820233333 Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy $709.98 ($354.99 each) select item 3 quantity of item 3

13-131-802-09.jpgASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard Item #: N82E16813131802 Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options13-131-802|hide options13-131-802)

Service Net Replacement Extended Warranty

The product will be replaced and shipped directly to you at no charge.(more info13-131-802.0.120)

• Coverage against costly repairs. We will replace your device.

• Plan covers device after the manufacturer's warranty expires.

• No Deductibles or Shipping Fees.

• Your contract will be e-mailed to you.

• Protection plan powered by Service Net.

• Contact us for claims or questions. We are open 24/7, 365 days a year.
    • Request service online at www.myserviceplan.com

• Contact our US based Customer Service Agents at (866) 257-9193

[*]Click here for the Terms & Conditions of this plan.

Learn More

• 1 year: $39.99

• 2 year: $79.99

Service Net Replacement with Accidental Damage Service Plan

Accidental Damage from Handling coverage begins at the time of purchase. Mechanical failures are covered after the manufacturers' warranty expires (except 1 yr ADH plan where only ADH coverage exists). Shipping charges are covered under the plan(more info13-131-802.1.169)

• Coverage against costly repairs. We will replace your device.

• Accidental Damage from Handling coverage begins at the time of purchase.

• No Deductibles or Shipping Fees.

Learn More

• 1 year: $44.99

• 2 year: $89.99

-$20.00 Instant

$499.99 $479.99 select item 4 quantity of item 4

19-116-877-02.jpgIntel Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 150W Six-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73970X Item #: N82E16819116877 Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options19-116-877|hide options19-116-877)

Service Net PC Peripheral Extended Warranty

Products are serviced via authorized repair facility or at your home if applicable. All shipping charges are covered(more info19-116-877.0.135)

• Coverage against costly repairs.

• No Deductibles or Hidden Fees.

Learn More

$1,049.99 select item 5 quantity of item 5

2 times for raid 10

22-236-366-05.jpgWestern Digital WD VelociRaptor WD1000CHTZ 1TB 10000 RPM 2.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive -Bare Drive Item #: N82E16822236366 Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Recover Your Data(expand for options22-236-366| hide options22-236-366)

DriveSavers Data Recovery Service Plan For Internal Hard Drives

In the event of a data compromise during the life of the service plan, DriveSavers will provide one (1) professional Data Recovery attempt on this covered hard drive(more info22-236-366.0.161)

• Why would I need DriveSavers Data Recovery Service Plan?
  • Devices fail. Mother Nature strikes. People make mistakes.

• A device warranty covers repairs and replacements only.

• Your data will be lost forever.

• Can't I just run recovery software?
  • 85% of all data loss is due to physical or electro-mechanical failure.

• Data recovery software is not a solution in this scenario.

• Running it could wipe your data off the drive.

• What else do I need to know?
  • DriveSavers Data Recovery Advisors are available 24 hours a day to assist you.

• Our service plan redemption is quick and hassle-free.

• DriveSavers engineers are the best in the business!

• How do I request Service?
  • Request service online at http://newegg.drivesavers.com

• Contact a live person 24/7 at (800)-440-1904

• Click here for the Terms & Conditions of this Plan.

• 1 year: $29.95

• 2 year: $39.95

• 3 year: $49.95

$599.98 ($299.99 each) select item 6 quantity of item 6

14-133-485-04.jpgNVIDIA® Quadro® K4000 VCQK4000-PB 3GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Workstation Video Card Item #: N82E16814133485 Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options14-133-485|hide options14-133-485)

Service Net PC Peripheral Extended Warranty

Products are serviced via authorized repair facility or at your home if applicable. All shipping charges are covered(more info14-133-485.0.135)

• Coverage against costly repairs.

• No Deductibles or Hidden Fees.

Learn More

$769.99 select item 7 quantity of item 7

35-181-032-08.jpgCORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler Item #: N82E16835181032 Return Policy: Standard Return Policy -$5.00 Instant

$10.00 Mail-in Rebate Card35-181-032 $124.99 $119.99 select item 8 2quantity of item 8

2 time for raid 10

20-167-141-02.jpgIntel DC S3700 Series Taylorsville SSDSC2BA400G301 2.5" 400GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - OEM Item #: N82E16820167141 Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy running a raid 10 array... thoughts? $1,099.99 ea